The great tribulation is now coming VERY soon!

by The Searcher 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Before, it was just "soon".

Now it's "very soon".

Can't help but wonder just how soon (see what I did there) it'll be "any second now"... :smirk:

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Doubtfuly Yours - "...It's a business model of sorts."

Ultimately unsustainable, IMO.

• steve2
    steve2

At least in the early 70s when they used such phrases as "very soon" it sent waves of zeal through the congregation.

Now, aside from a few sanitized answers to the stock questions, barely a soul stirs.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

its an overlapping soon.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

It will come, invisibly.

• stillin
    stillin

But first, a couple of things need to happen in the invisible realm. Keep us posted Searcher! This is real news!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

"satans world attacking gods people !" good grief, how childish

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

Thanks for posting this.

@Doubtfully Yours- oh yes, the "Peace and Security" craze..good times, good times...

I knew when I read about the ban in Russia it was going to be used to prove the Great Tribulation. There's always something happening that makes the end just around the corner....

• Giordano
    Giordano

This is a repeat of 1925 and 1975.

Millions Now Living Will Never Die, from page 89-90 :

'Therefore we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old'

Millions Now Living Will Never Die, from page 97 :

'...1925 will mark the resurrection of the faithful worthies of old'

Watchtower, Oct. 15, 1917, from page 6157 :

'There will be no slip-up...Abraham should enter upon the actual possession of his promised inheritance in the year 1925'

Watchtower, July 15, 1922, from page 217 :

'This chronology is not of man but of God...of divine origin...absolutely and unqualifiedly correct.'
    Skipping past predictions for 1941 (the war would develop into Armageddon...... or ' the remaining months before Armageddon' - (see Consolation 29/10/41)

'Yes, the end of this system is so very near! Is that no reason to increase our activity?....Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system of things in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world's end.'
    Watchtower, 1/7/1974, p 397:
    'It also tells us that this millennium must be preceded immediately by the most destructive war in all human history. We can now see the political rulers...being gathered...for that War of all wars....'

I should have had my hip boots on researching this crap.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Very soon the political powers of Satan’s world will form a coalition that is bent on the destruction of God’s people.

Nobody cares or knows much about, JW`s or the WBT$..

"Jehovah`s Witnesses?"....."Never Heard Of Them."

"I Have No Idea What You're Talking About."
    Image result for the devil shrugging

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit