The great tribulation is now coming VERY soon!

by The Searcher 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Watchtower October 2017, par 11, page 28 - "Very soon the political powers of Satan’s world will form a coalition that is bent on the destruction of God’s people. [J.W.'s] Do we [J.W.'s] have anything to fear? Not at all!........At that critical moment during the great tribulation, the angelic soldiers of Jehovah of armies will come together to protect God’s people..."[J.W.'s]

Question for the G.B./faithful slave/guardians of doctrine: to which particular "great tribulation" are you referring in order to psych up the sheep yet again?

Is it the one in Matthew 24:21 which Jesus said would never occur again, ('never' means never - not even a "greater fulfillment!) or are you using your old misinterpreted bogey-man of Revelation 7:14 which is actually a reference to the great tribulation described earlier in the account at Revelation 2:22?

You can fool some of the people....................................

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

So weird how the Governing Body want to capitalize on the Russia ban as a sign of the Great Tribulation being near. I'm sorry, but doesn't our (whoops, "their". I'm still new at fading) doctrine teach that worldly governments are to first turn on Babylon (ie ban false religion) before even considering coming after Jehovah's Witnesses? Seems a bit back-to-front to me. Unless the Watchtower is at the forefront of Babylon the Great. The current GB definitely seem like fame harlots to me.

• hoser
    hoser

The great tribulation that no one ever talks about is the one recorded at acts 7:11. It is the lost tribulation.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Wasn't Russell writing almost the same, word for word, in the lat 19th Century ?

We are 17 years in to the 21st Century, it is time to give this crap a rest.

• carla
    carla

Is the Oct 2017 issue the worst in awhile?

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Same old same old...

Copycat rhetoric from early 70s, early-to-mid 80s, mid-to-late 90s, 2007-2011, and now they'very jumped on the doomsday horse yet again.

Remember when the UN declared a year of peace in the mid 80s?! Oh my god, what an crazy time inside the JW world!!!

Same sentiment now, specifically all those that have come in within the last 5 years or so.

It's cyclical.

DY

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" it's cyclical", I fully agree, it is also Cynical, the writers do not believe a word of what they write.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

That's why we proudly build a new world headquarter in Warwick, bought an own fiber Telecom company, participate in OCSE, plan a new UK headoffice and are happy when president Putin gives an order to a JW family.

G.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

But this kind of fear mongering keeps the money and full support flowing towards the WTBTS.

It's a business model of sorts.

DY

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Same old same old...Copycat rhetoric from early 70s, early-to-mid 80s, mid-to-late 90s, 2007-2011, and now they'very jumped on the doomsday horse yet again.

Cut and paste. Cut and paste.

Now you know why they could send 2/3 of the Bethelites packing for home. No need for new staff members on the writing committee. Just some kid who can "Cut and Paste".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit