Circuit Assembly this past weekend

by Jourles 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

I agree with Avenger. If you're so anti-Watchtower why bother attending meetings? And as for attending a two-day assembly, I'm sorry guys but have you got no guts! What're you all afraid of ?????????

this Organization turns over many hundreds of millions of dollars each year

Here's my next question: where's all the money go? If the the doddering old codgers on the GB aren't stashing it away, which they supposedly aren't, who's getting it?

Dansk

• rocketman
    rocketman

It always gets me how they don't want you having the latest technology. Now it's HDTV. And of course, SUVs have been getting picked on. Meanwhile, in the parking lot, there are numerous SUVs, BMWs, and Mercedes. And yes, there are always those "poorer" jws who "stumble" over material aquistions of others. I guess if their denying themsleves constantly, they resent those who do not and yet remain in good standing and serve as elders etc.

We had one elder who was well-off, and he was resented by many in the congregation. One sister even lodged a complaint about him and his wife to the other elders because after the bookstudy he and his wife might discuss their latest vacation, etc., while socializing after the study.

• Loris
    Loris
    Absolutely brilliant WTS strategy! You gotta love those boys. They find so many ways to take people's money who believe in them as they find to murder people with their idiotic medical policies (past and present) and destroy and waste people's lives whilst picking their pockets and promising them nothing but dirty, filthy AIR: empty promises that never happen.

WHAT !!!!!!!!

I had no idea that the circuit had to RENT the assembly hall that we had worked our tails off building. Not to mention the $$$$ donated for the construction materials.

I did begin to wonder near the end of my servitude why an assembly held in our "own" assembly hall could have expenses in excess of $10,000.00. And that ever present deficit.

Now I know. I feel violated again. I am so angry. Those sorry #$*()(_+)(&%$

Loris of the $-it on class

• SloBoy
    SloBoy

SloBoys' Spouse checking in.

Thank you everyone. How absolutely revealing and depressing. Validating too. I have not attended a meeting or assembly since the sunday meeting after the Memorial last year. However, I have not given any money of any sort since January of 1997. To quote myself at the time to an elder on a camping trip, "I'll not give one red cent to the Society as long as there is any chance that my money would be used to defend a pedophile."

It is just so unbelievable how duped I was. Memorial is coming up. This will be the first I have not attended in 39 years. I feel no guilt. I do not feel it would honor Jesus or his Father for me to attend such a farce. Yet, I am saddened that so many I have loved through the years still labor under the control of this MAN MADE ORGANIZATION, striving to please it and thinking they are pleasing God.

Well, I have homework to do. Thank God for things that keep my mind busy rather than obsessing about the WTB&TS.

Thank you all, Farkel, Gary Buss, All the posters, if you weren't here when we were ostracized it would have been real ugly.

Dragonfly5

• seawolf
    seawolf
    He said that in one particular area of the USA, there is a circuit that has the equivalent of 5 congregations of inactive ones. Damn, I was impressed!

*falls off chair laughing*

• Solace
    Solace

Jourles,

I was just wondering one thing.

While you are attending these conventions, are you still able to sing the songs, or do you just mouth the words?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Oh my! Heaven! You're on top of me again!

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

It is unfair of some of you to expect Jourles to publicize his reasons for attending this Assembly, which may be far too complicated for him to explain to a public discussion Board. If he wants to attend Assemblies or meetings, does he not have the right to do so without having to defend himself or justify his actions?

HS

• Dansk
    Dansk
    If he wants to attend Assemblies or meetings, does he not have the right to do so without having to defend himself or justify his actions?

NO!

• sandy
    sandy
    . He said that in one particular area of the USA, there is a circuit that has the equivalent of 5 congregations of inactive ones. Damn, I was impressed! Where is this area at? I'm sure some of you here are in that circuit.

LOL, THAT WAS FUNNY!!!

I Always noticed there was a deficit too. Even at the Kingdom Halls when they would do the expense reports.

When there was a surplus nine times out of ten they would vote that we send the extra $ to the WT.

God forbid if they ever vote that the the $ go to a needy family in the hall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit