Details of my Disfellowshipping

by Holy Grail 007 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW
    They actually said to you they were "Never going to reinstate you" In those exact words?
    I do have to say I've never heard of someone being told they'll never be reinstated

Personal experience. I was raised around and doing ranch work, livestock, and rodeo for my entire life up until now. Always looked down on for combining that lifestyle with a good paying career and with JWism. DF'd in the early nineties. Still was POMI. When I met to request reinstatement I was told to my face, "You will NEVER be reinstated as long as you wear western clothing. That shows you are "rebellious" as you dress different that anyone else in this congregation."

So I modified my clothing, got reinstated, ran the hamster wheel long enough to realize that there was ZERO chance of me ever being good enough or giving enough to fit their agenda and then began my long fade. Never happier than I am now.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Sorry to hear. Go onwith life as much as possible.

I've always wanted to ask where the 1 year scripture is. The Corinthian example seemed to be less. Same for the long held " no applause" on announcement. The angels rejoicing be wrong.

I have an uncle who was DF, one of the committee members soon after married his wife.

A former sister in law was not even reproved for an affair, was told to break it off. She just got sneakier. To top it off an elder I know braggedabout what good friends he is with the fornicating new husband.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    No the elders didn't say they were never going to reinstate me. They said they were not going to reinstate after I had been going to the Kingdom Hall for 6 months or so.

Oh sorry Holy Grail I don't know where I got the 'never' from?!! Brain fog I think 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Fedupdub ;)You will NEVER be reinstated as long as you wear western clothing. That shows you are "rebellious" as you dress different that anyone else in this congregation."

So... Um.... It seems that some traditional clothing special to a culture is acceptable to Watchtower, yet others are not!!! 🤔🤦🏻‍♀️ Talk about a millstone. Those pharisees sicken me to my stomach!

NB pure jealousy if you ask me

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Blues BroShe came to us in tears after the hearing having been d/f’d . We helped her draft an appeal letter and upshot was that the 2nd committee reversed the decision.

You're a good man Blues ❤️

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.
    A former sister in law was not even reproved for an affair, was told to break it off. She just got sneakier. To top it off an elder I know bragged about what good friends he is with the fornicating new husband.

In the 1970's I stumbled across a very respected elder having an affair with a very respected sister.

I told one of the service committee - he said 'we think that affair has being going on for over ten years'.

When it was obvious that the elders were going to do nothing I threatened to go to the co - the elders gave the couple a private reproof and then told me off for not telling the presiding overseer about what I had uncovered so he could have kept the matter private.

Within six months the couple were at it again and the presiding overseer just sent the sister to another hall without informing the elders there what she had been doing - in fact he gave her a glowing testimony.

Before I could do anything they both then eloped together, leaving letters to their marriage partners.

Finally their original hall had to grudgingly disfellowship them...

• BeaverEater
    BeaverEater

Your state of well being is toxic, both from you and external. You need a perspective shift and assistance to pull yourself out of the hole youre stuck in. In the end, you need medical help. The bybull will not help. Apologies in advance, but Jehovah, or whom ever you believe in, is also not going to help. Seek help for yourself. Make peace with yourself. All of us have an expiration date, live life to its fullest. Get yourself on track, engage yourself in a hobby, business, work, something that you want to get good at... last, but not least, find someone who appreciates you for who you are. They dont have to believe the same as you, just someone to help pick you up when you fall, and vice versa, someone that appreciates you for who you are. I dont want to shit on your faith, or beliefs, nor do I advocate going 180 degrees out, just be balanced. Realize at the end of all things, maybe or maybe not we are judged, if you live your life the best you can, no one can fault you, not even "god"...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit