Beards - September 2016 Watchtower

by Listener 98 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Russell skirted around the Law by not having a Moustache.

• steve2
    steve2

Prince had a goatie;

he was not a very obedient sheepie.

• Alive!
    Alive!

Just imagine having to sit through this, read this and actually walk away feeling joyful and light in heart and spirit.

Just reading the excerpts feels like applying a spiritual vice to my mind.

Madness. It's madness.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

I tried to grow a beard once. It was a real wispy Jesus beard. When I eventually shaved it off my wife didn't even notice!

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

Can anyone tell me where oh where in the world are there places where beards are frowned upon by the non jw community?

I can't think of anywhere that beards would be frowned upon?

Can you?

• Listener
    Listener

PurrPurr - I can't think of anywhere that beards would be frowned upon?

No, I can't either PurrPurr but it appears that in JW Land there are places where it would not just be frowned upon but found not to be irreprehensible

Watchtower Sept 2016 quote - In fact, having one may hinder a brother from bringing glory to God by his dress and grooming and his being irreprehensible.

• bohm
    bohm

Purrpurr: north Korea?

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

What about men who grow nose, ear and back hair?

Would this be distracting from the kingdom message?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Since a lot of women find a beard on a man attractive...

...I still think that the WTS just doesn't want their men to look too good.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Love their use of "may" and the Mosaic Law...

17. What are some factors that may affect whether a brother gets laid on the third date?

What about the propriety of brothers and sisters getting lucky on their third date? The Mosaic Law required couples to maintain chastity until marriage. However, Christians are not under the Mosaic Law, nor are they obliged to observe it. In some cultures, a couple engaging in protected sex on the third date may be acceptable and respectable, and it may not detract at all from the Kingdom message. In fact, some appointed brothers have engaged in sex before marriage. Even so, some brothers might decide not to engage in intercourse before marriage, or maybe not even after marriage. In other cultures or localities, sex before marriage is not the custom. The marriage may have been prearranged by the parents or by the Moonies, and the couples traditional don't even meet before the wedding ceremony. Such local customs dictate that premarital rolls in the hay are not considered acceptable for Christian ministers. In fact, having one may hinder a brother from bringing glory to God and his being irreprehensible.—Rom. 15:1-3;1 Tim. 3:2, 7.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit