What Type of Future do YOU look forward to?

by Revealed 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

I look forward to the continuing of the trend of an increasing percentages of the USA population identifying as nonreligious and atheist. I also look forward to the continuing of the trend of a decreasing percentage of the USA population identifying as Christian. I hope: that as the decades go by that human society (world wide) will become less violent on a per capita basis; that a nuclear war will never take place; that somehow the nations of the Earth will achieve world peace and security (probably through the UN) [not in a biblical anti-Christ type of way], at least in the sense of no more wars between nations; that the environment will greatly improve; that humans will visit the planet Mars; that life (such as microbial life) will be discovered on Mars and/or on some other world (whether a planet or a moon), etc.

Around twenty years ago (while I was a JW) I started the goal of living for at least 120 years, though realizing such a goal (without Jehovah bringing about a new world order) was highly unlikely to be met. [While I was a JW I also hoped I would never die at all.] But, I set that goal of living to age 120 (and having a long health span also) because I wanted a very long (and healthy) life and decided to aim high. I specifically picked 120 years because: (1) the Bible (in Genesis) said YHWH set a limit to human lifespan (or perhaps to how long humans will live on the Earth until the start of Noah's flood) of 120 years; (2) in our modern times (1995 onward) the oldest people living are about 115 -117 years old, thus suggesting it is feasible that someone could live to be about 120 years old (without waiting for a new order by YHWH).

To maximize the length of my life I try to eat healthy, avoid smoking, don't ever get drunk (and almost never drink alcohol), try to be safe (such as avoiding starting physical fights, moved to a neighborhood with a lower crime rate, drove as safely as a could [now I don't even drive], and avoid associating with people who are obviously dangerous, etc.). I went to a university library and looked up what medical science books say about the average lifespans of those with various diets ("diet" in the sense of "that which one eats"), so that I could choose the type of diet which is associated with living the longest. I then tried my transition to such a healthy diet (which includes transitioning to becoming a vegetarian [at least a very infrequent eater of animal meats - as opposed to plant-based 'meats']). I am still trying to become a vegetarian and I am making progress in that regard.

I want to become a much happier person than that which I have been throughout my life. Since early childhood I have been trying to achieve that but thus far I have failed. I have thought hard and studied hard to find out how to achieve such and I have tried hard to achieve such, but so far my mood (the vast majority of the time) is only very mildly happy/joyful.

I hope to become wealthy enough that I can retire early and I hope to retire early.

I believe (in the sense of "consider to be true", based upon the facts and plausible theories which I know) that biological evolution brought into existence humans, and that humans are the descendants of apes (of animals very similar to apes) - but not of any currently existing species of ape. I see evidence in the fossil record that humans are descendants of earlier hominids who were ape-like ('ape-men' and 'ape-women'), and that humans are very distant descendants of certain types of extinct mammals and of certain types of fish (fish that went extinct many tens of millions of years ago). I also believe that the first living organism of our universe came into existence by means of abiogenesis. I believe that abiogenesis very probably happened on Earth (about 4 thousand million years ago to about 4.4 thousand million years ago), but that maybe the first organism which lived on Earth came into existence from elsewhere in the universe.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I`m 82 years old what future do YOU think I should look forward to ? Every day I wake up is a blessing .Every day I go down to a club have two beers and chew the fat with a few friends and talk a bit of BS ,maybe have a punt or two just as an interest.Win or lose who cares,?

There is a saying "you only Live Once " it`s not true.

The fact is "You live every day ,you only die once " so make the best of it regardless of what the future has in store for you.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

Now What

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Correction: In my prior post, instead of saying "tried my transition" i meant to say "tried to transition". Instead of saying "of animals very similar to apes" I meant to say "or animals very similar to apes". I notice I had a number of other typos in my post, but hopefully people know what I meant.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Retirement, eventually.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit