Do JWs Regard You As An APOSTATE?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I don't think that the JWs who knew me as a JW have the depth of thought enough to consider me an apostate. Gay is enough for them. That's all they see.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

No. Inactive and stumbled. Probably "materialistic", too.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I disfellowshiped them with my DA letter ,so I guess they would judge me as an apostate.

I now live in another state so do get them at our door from time to time and I just give them an anti-witness

• Sail Away
    Sail Away
    I'm not DF'd, didn't DA, but I did send a letter of resignation threatening to sue them all if they announced it from the stage. They are not allowed to come to home or place of business in any official capacity. I am clearly on a do-not-call list, but have never been shunned in public. I don't call them, and they don't call me, and I like it that way. Like Blondie said-- inactive and stumbled. Whatever.
  • NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I am not disfellowshipped or disassociated. I am forgotten. I was never worth the effort to be pursued by my enemies.

In any event, I consider myself a proud apostate.

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll

Well, let's see:

a·pos·ta·sy
    əˈpästəsē/
    noun
    1. the abandonment or renunciation of a religious or political belief.

So yes, I guess I am! But I'm only carrying on a hallowed family tradition. My mom apostacized from the Methodist church when she was a youngster, so I had to apostacize from the Jehovah's Witnesses. Nothing personal.

Seriously though, I wonder how many converts to the Watchtower recognize that, if they had a religion before they became JWs, they are now apostates? Actually, I don't wonder at all. It's just a rhetorical device I use to humiliate any JW who confronts me with my apostasy.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I told a couple of Elders who called on me, the "once a year call" that they actually do about once every two years at best, that they could not label me an Apostate as the religion I left does not exist anymore.

I know that is a stretch, but I said as the major Doctrines had changed, I have never been a member of the religion as it is.

I then proceeded to tell them they now have to convince me that what they teach at present is the truth.

They did not attempt to do so.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yep. And proud of it.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

NO because I dont think you can be an Apostate of Fairy Tales.

Now JWs would 100% think I am though.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Not yet. But I agreed to a shepherding call so watch this space...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit