A Child Molestor Wins Best Director....WoW

by teenyuck 31 Replies latest social entertainment

• scotsman
    scotsman

Hi Teenyuck

Comparing the middle ages (or the middle east) to now does not hold water. What was legal then is not legal now....at least in most of the US...(Parts of Utah, Appilacia and the deep South )

Do you object to Polanski on grounds of criminality or abuse? Artists of the Renaissance may not have committed crimes but that does not mean that what they did was not highly abusive.

• sandy
    sandy
    Roman Polanski seems to have a thing, just like R.Kelly for girls....not young women, girls. As suggested, invite him over and let him hang with your teenage daughter or sister. GREAT QUESTION!!! SOMETHING FOR FATHERS TO REALLY THINK ABOUT!

A lot of Men seem to stick up for abusers in my opinion. They do not understand the hurt that comes about after abusing a child. The after effects are so severe and it is the hardest thing in the world to recover from, emotionally that is. It takes years to recover and you never completely recover.

Abusers are selfish people and many get off on the power they hold over young children or young girls. The power gives the abuser sexual pleasure. They are sick and when they fail to admit to this and then run from their punishmnet they should not be honored not even the work they do should be. They are lower than dogs to me.

I have so many thoughts on this subject I cannot even begin to put them into words the way I would like to. I am so hurt and dissappointed in the way many men and some women view sexual abuse of children. Many seem to disregard it like it is no big deal. And when you honor such people who are known abusers it is just sick! Yes maybe this movie is good, ok maybe it is the greatest peace of filmwork on earth! SO WHAT!!! This man should have not been nominated let alone won!

Criminals who do not truly repent and change their ways should have no place in society!

I am not a man hater, but sometimes it seems that there are more bad men out there than good; Inside and outside the org. That makes it much more harder for us to find truly decent men.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Rob Marshall should have won. Do they think "Chicago" directed itself? It made me so mad.

Directors vote for directors...............don't forget that. They all may admire him, and think he should have the Oscar. It's a "good old boy's club" I think...............and is Polanski a Jew? Most of Hollywood is. That might be a factor too.

I don't. They robbed Rob!

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

Sandy,

I feel the same way. I believe people should take the high moral road and refuse to fund child molesters by not buying their music, going to their movies, buying their art or whatever . I can't think of one person that I could not live without their "art" .Children are more important. It's really sad Like I always say..our moral fiber is unraveling at a rapid speed...It's scary.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

I agree, Rob M. should have got it...great movie!!

Do you object to Polanski on grounds of criminality or abuse? Artists of the Renaissance may not have committed crimes but that does not mean that what they did was not highly abusive.

I object to both. Polanski raped a 13 year old, admitted it and ran when he realized that he would go to jail....

He then went to France and climbed into bed with Nystassia Kinski....all of 16! That is statutory rape.

He is abusive, using his power over this young girl/woman and a rapist....as he admitted.

If he had paid his debt to society, my opinion would be the same.

If he had done jail time I would say he paid his debt. Since he is still on the run he should not be getting rewarded for his behavior.

Again, What if he were a JW Elder? Would you say "it happened so long ago; lets purchase his product to show support?"

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Its really shows what a bunch of left wing cowards these Hollywood types are.....They truly support Hell on earth!

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage
    And are you all just as upset with your president ordering bombardments on a city with dead and wounded children as result?
    >Berten:
    >Talk about changing the subject! One has absolutely NOTHING to do with the other.
    OK,if you say so.I just find it hypocritical.
    >Do you have an opinion on Polanski's award or not?
    Oh,you want my opinion?
    And if I say he deserves his award,am I taking the side
    of a child molestor then?
    And if I say he does not,am I a good boy then?

Yo! Berten!

You can always start your own thread and ask us, right?

Andee

War! Ugh! What is it good for?

Lots a hostile threads, apparently.

• scotsman
    scotsman
    He then went to France and climbed into bed with Nystassia Kinski....all of 16! That is statutory rape.

Are you sure that is rape in France? The age of consent in the UK is 16 and I have a feeling it's the same in most of Europe.

I am not trying to defend Polanski (even though I am a man which seems to imlpy immediate guilt). The Oscars are not a moral institution that has any right to make judgements upon the lives of artists. The profligate lives of many in Hollywood excludes them from taking such a position. If the industry is prepared to distribute The Pianist then the Oscars also have to deem it a potential nominee. If you were to argue that the films of Polanski should be banned in America on the grounds of him evading trial, that may make some sense, but I also seem to recall he wasn't alone that night and there was another well known actor present.

Again, What if he were a JW Elder? Would you say "it happened so long ago; lets purchase his product to show support?"

No, I doubt I would buy something from a Witness who was a paedophile, but a harder question for me would be whether I would by something from a company that employed that Witness. The Pianist is the product of a huge industry, will you boycott future films that have actors or technicians who have worked with Polanski, will you boycott the distributor of The Pianist?

I may as well also add that I find Hollywood and the Oscars repellent.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    A Child Molestor Wins Best Director

What a flooking disgrace! Status doesnt free anyone from guilt.

we should not focus on his past

As long as his victim and the victims family are still living his crime is very much in the present, he may not be suffering the consequences but they are. Its not his past, its present.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

You can go to the site below and read the victim's own testimony from the official court transcript.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/polanskicover1.html

Polanski The Predator

Recently unsealed grand jury minutes detail 1977 sex assault

Polanski, 69, will not discuss the case and his victim, Samantha Geimer, now 39, has recently said that the sex assault should not color his chances with Academy Award voters. But that, of course, does not lessen the severity of the crime, which is graphically detailed in the following grand jury testimony, which was quietly unsealed four months ago by L.A. Superior Court Judge David Wesley.

Two weeks after Polanski plied her with Champagne and a Quaalude, Samantha Gailey appeared before an L.A. grand jury and recalled Polanski's predatory behavior in a Mulholland Canyon home owned by Jack Nicholson.

The teenager's troubling--and contemporaneous--account of her abuse at Polanski's hands begins with her posing twice for topless photos that the director said were for French Vogue. The girl then told prosecutors how Polanski directed her to, "Take off your underwear" and enter the Jacuzzi, where he photographed her naked. Soon, the director, who was then 43, joined her in the hot tub. He also wasn't wearing any clothes and, according to Gailey's testimony, wrapped his hands around the child's waist.

The girl testified that she left the Jacuzzi and entered a bedroom in Nicholson's home, where Polanski sat down beside her and kissed the teen, despite her demands that he "keep away." According to Gailey, Polanski then performed a sex act on her and later "started to have intercourse with me." At one point, according to Gailey's testimony, Polanski asked the 13-year-old if she was "on the pill," and "When did you last have your period?" Polanski then asked her, Gailey recalled, "Would you want me to go in through your back?" before he "put his penis in my butt." Asked why she did not more forcefully resist Polanski, the teenager told Deputy D.A. Roger Gunson, "Because I was afraid of him."

Following his indictment on various sex charges, Polanski agreed to a plea deal that spared him prison time (he had spent about 45 days in jail during a court-ordered psychiatric evaluation). But when it seemed that a Superior Court judge might not honor the deal--and sentence Polanski to prison--the director fled the country.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit