A Child Molestor Wins Best Director....WoW

by teenyuck 31 Replies latest social entertainment

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

I recall when Roman Polanski molested (raped) a 13 year old girl....

Now he wins an Oscar....something is wrong...

• wasasister
    wasasister

I agree. He may be a brilliant director and it was a bummer that his wife and unborn child were brutally slaughtered...but wrong is wrong and I refuse to give one penny of my entertainment dollar to a criminal.

On the other hand, the subject matter deserves exposure. There are still people, as we have recently seen here, who deny these very events. Bravo to best actor.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

You are correct Wasa....

I am shocked and saddened that he won....very wrong.

Now, I have to go to bed....very late....

PS...I mean the Holocaust....not Sharon Tate. Though that is very sad also.

• gydja
    gydja

He didnt rape her...she didn´t file charges, did she?

He is a great director, we should not focus on his past

• wednesday
    wednesday

just so u know, sex with ANYONE under adult age, generally 18, is a crime and u can be sent prison for it. It does not matter if the child agrees;they are a child and cannot give consent. It is always RAPE.

Maybe it is not his past, who knows what he has done since then, but even so, that is enough by itself.

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

I thought I was going to lose my dinner watching those Hollywood types give him a standing ovation. Bet they wouldn't feel that way if it was THEIR thirteen year old daughter. And I don't give a damn how long ago it was. The man fled to avoid prosecution.

First off, "she" can't file charges. Only the District attorney's office can file charges. Polansky was arrested. He then fled the US to avoid prosecution. If he were to ever return to the US he would immediately be arrested again and have to face those same charges.

I just don't get people like you, gydja. Just because an individual is gifted in a certain area of the entertainment industry, you all think that gives them some sort of immunity from being punished for their crimes against children. Just allow enough time to go by, and then all is forgiven.

Andee

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Right on BG....

She was 13....it does not mater if "she" filed charges. He acknowledged he did it!!!

As BG pointed out, he fled to France (go figure--) and they refuse to extradite him for RAPE!!!!!!!!!!

Do you understand that a child molestor was given an award?

the director made the news for a different and altogether disastrous reason: while in Hollywood working on a project, he was charged of having sex with a 13-year-old girl. Barred from working in Hollywood, Polanski fled the country and resettled in Paris (he acquired French citizenship in 1976) and did not make another film until 1979. An adaptation of a Thomas Hardy novel, the three-hour long Tess, starring 17-year-old Nastassja Kinski (with whom Polanski was also involved) was the most expensive film made in France. Despite its cost, it proved to be a success, netting Polanski an Oscar nomination and a César award for best direction.
    I will never see this movie....
  • wasasister
    wasasister

With child molesters, moreso than any other criminal group, we DO have to remember their pasts. Why reward this criminal, no matter how talented he is?

Sex with a 13 yr old not rape? Are you serious??

• Matty
    Matty

Fairly typical of society's double standards I guess. In the 80's Bill Wyman of the Rolling Stones was openly having a sexual relationship with Mandy Smith when she was only 13, but he was never convicted of anything.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Any adult having sex with a 13 yr. old should be prosecuted. I don't care if it is Michael or Roman...

I did not hear about the guy from the Stones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit