Grieving Parents Denounce JW Faith (Blood)

by darkspilver 9 Replies latest watchtower medical

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Sad situation for the parents.

Child death blamed on religious beliefs

Zimbabwe, The Sunday Mail, Sunday, October 29, 2017

A Jehovah’s Witness lost her baby during childbirth because she and her husband followed church teachings and turned down blood transfusions that could have averted the tragedy.

Getrude Seneri (28) said she experienced labour complications on September 20, 2017 and doctors said blood transfusions were necessary to save both her and her child.

The couple stuck with their religious beliefs resulting in the child dying and her husband, Misheck Bande, stepped in to authorise transfusions for her when he was told that his wife’s life was also on the brink.

Now, the couple have denounced the church for its teachings on blood transfusions.

Opening up to The Sunday Mail Society last week, Seneri and Bande spoke of how they were initially willing to risk their lives for their religious beliefs – but had changed their minds after the loss of their child.

Jehovah’s Witnesses are not alone when it comes to rejecting blood transfusions.

Prince Marezva, an elder of the Johane Masowe Apostolic Sect said they were totally against blood transfusions and organ transplants.

Zimbabwe National Traditional Healers Association president George Kandiero said transfusions were shunned because people feared taking in bad spirits from the donor’s lineage.

Another religious group that does not condone blood transfusions is the Church of Christ, Scientist (aka Christian Science).

READ FULL ARTICLE: http://www.sundaymail.co.zw/child-death-blamed-on-religious-beliefs/

Related discussion: https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5981654168371200/wonder-if-their-any-parents-theses-children-on-here-now-may-22-1994

• steve2
    steve2

Very interesting - and terribly sad that they list their child.

I hadn’t thought until now how the JW blood ban doctrine feeds into the mindsets of those who reject conventional medicine and treatments and caters to the paranoia some groups have towards “Western” medicine. JWs have some unexpected -and likely unwanted- bedfellows.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

This is really sad! The blood issue really helped to wake me up. My wife and I thought we may have major complications during the birth of a child. The hospital liaison rep told us all the stuff we could take as JWs. There was some much blood based products I stopped and asked the person if they were a JW? I didn’t realize at the moment that he represented the hospital not the JW HLC. He said they were a jw and I thought to myself I would do some research on the matter.

Not only finding out that blood transfusions were not unscriptural but then discovering bovine blood known as hemopure was, was appalling!

For those that don’t know Hemopure is cows hemoglobin. Hemoglobin is packed red blood cells with just the outer membrane stripped off. Stripping the outer membrane makes it so the hemoglobin doesn’t have to be typed for each type of blood such as type O or type A etc.

Not only is Hemopure cows blood but since Hemoglobin is packed red blood cells retaining over 95% if it’s original makeup , how can anyone say they are refusing blood? They can not and it’s a major hypocrisy of their doctrine.

Finding out JWs were taking this product and it even being reported in the new all the while other JWs were dying not having access to this product or no knowledge about it made my blood boil!

Needless death of thousands of JWs for just a made up doctrine. Their a bunch of sick bastards!!

• Moster
    Moster

Seems to me taking/consuming/using cows blood is in direct contravention of Deut 12:16. No talk about human blood anywhere in the Bible.

Again - WTH?

• label licker
    label licker

My brother, Timothy had passed away at eleven years of age. I was ten. A few years later, my mother took her life. This cult is responsible for so many lives that were taken needlessly. I feel along with the pedophile cases, there should be class action lawsuits against people dying needlessly as well as dfing, marking and stalking. All these cult practices should be ended once and for all time.

• steve2
    steve2

so sad ll.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

It is easy to stand by the no blood when you are a JW, UNTIL it happens to YOU. It's not as easy as you think. Can't share my story, but it is NOT easy.

• millie210
    millie210

Im so sorry Label licker.

Hugs to you my friend.

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

Having lost a child, I can only say that its far, far beyond sad. The governing body have so much blood on their hands over this policy, it staggers the imagination. I think John Goodman nicely sums up my feelings towards them in this regard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lwdgkG8j7Y

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

These Uber fanatical JW Elders that are on the HLC might as well be wearing black executioner masks when they do their "job".

They are the assassin's of this Death Cult. They are the frontline troops who murder the innocent. Showing up at one of the most emotional, and trying times of someones life, just to try and persuade them to get, or give, inferior medical care to their own loved ones, takes a special kind of EVIL.

They could be likened to the fanatical SS soldiers of Hitlers regime. They might as well be rounding up, and throwing the R&F into spiritual concentration camps, but where the end result is death by lack of blood.

The few members I personally knew, who were on the HLC, had NO children of their own, and the one who did, disowned his own daughter, never meeting his own Grandchildren because of it. That should say it all, right there.

I do wonder how some of these HLC Elders would act if their own children were about to die from lack of blood. Scumbags.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit