DreamCatcher

by SheilaM 21 Replies latest jw friends

• wasasister
    wasasister

Bendrr:

Big SK fan reporting in.

Yes, "It" was deffinitely among his best works. The characters were so well written and developed. The mini-series tried hard, but nothing could recreate the images of those kids grown into troubled adults.

Dreamcatcher reminded me more of Tommyknockers than the Dark Tower series...not sure why.

I went to see the movie alone..because I knew no one I know would enjoy it. The book was fresh in my mind and I will say that the sets and dialogue were faithful. Other than that, the movie script collapsed at the end and Duddits - the most interesting character in the book - was completely lost. Could they not find a Downs actor for the role?

If you loved the book, see the movie just for the visuals. Go with low expectations and you will not be disappointed.

• heathen
    heathen

Just saw it the other day also read the book . I loved the book and put it as one of kings best works but the movie just fell flat of my expectations. I agree the ending was anti climactic but suppose they wanted the duddits character to be more of a mystery ,now we don't know what the deal was with the alien form that he took to fight Mr. Grey. I especially like the way in the book that king expains why the aliens came in the first place , they always come and they always win. lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit