DreamCatcher

by SheilaM 21 Replies latest jw friends

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Wasasister was right. I personally loved the book, but was disappointed in the way they ended the movie. My husband didn't read the book, but could tell that there was a lot of holes and it seriously took away from his enjoyment. Oh well.

• Mary
    Mary

Sorry to be a party-pooper, but I thought this movie sucked dead rocks.......without a doubt, it was one of the worst, most boring, stupid and poorly acted-out movies I've ever seen......we didn't even stay through the whole thing we thought it was so awful, and the Critics were'nt too thrilled with it either..........

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

I want to see it for the Matrix Anime.

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie

My husband and I both read the book (and as a long time King fan, I absolutely do NOT rank it among his best). We both enjoyed King's comments about the book, and his wife's reaction to it, though.

Of course, now I can't even think about the book, or the movie for that matter, without thinking of Tabitha King's characterization of the story as "the one with the shit-weasels".

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Mary:

I can't imagine walking out on this movie, in fact the theatre was packed and it was playing in two other packed theatre's too. Poorly acted, I think not boring <chuckle> nah I thought they did a great job and as for you and the critics being "right" nah. Did you read the book?

Sara: Yep that is what they are called <yikes> I thought this one was different but after reading the Buick 8, I liked it.

Stinky: Ya I was not pleased with the ending not sure why they didn't leave it the frig alone, I mean if they could do Jonesy's "office" heck they could have killed the alien like they did in the book. I think they also didn't explain WHY they hadn't seen duddits in so long.

TH: AND

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

Hi Sheila,

LMAO!!! When I read the subject title "DreamCatcher" I remembered how much grief one of my best girlfriends was seriously 'cautioned' against having one in her house by those ever-caring jw elderettes... she lived in Hawaii, and supposedly it was practically an invitation to all deemonz everywhere to surf on in and take over her life.....

Agh. Fortunately we are both out now...!

Stephen King has GOT to be one of the most prolific writers on the planet. Where does he come up with those ideas??? So inventive. I haven't read the book, in fact I haven't seen a movie in an actual theatre in soooo long..... gotta get a life, here

btw, your hubby's web-page ROCKS

Can't wait to read the book

lauralisa

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Maybe it wasn't great cinema but it was a whole lot better than the review.

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

I haven't seen the movie yet and will probably wait for the DVD so I can drink beer and smoke cigarettes while watching it in my underwear (calm down ladies!) and have the luxury of [pause] and [rewind].

I'm a longtime King fan and I enjoyed the book, particularly because it was a break from his "Dark Tower" obsession. Now I do like his "Dark Tower" series, don't get me wrong. For some reason I always envision Roland as Clint Eastwood in "Unforgiven" which just makes the books even better. I've always liked his books better than the movies they make from them. Especially "It". The book was grade-A stuff, the movie sucked things better left unsaid.

With the special effects moviemakers have now, some remakes are definitely in order for some of his older novels. Which gives me an idea for another thread so I don't hijack this one.

Mike, reminding you that our world is one big Steven King meets Tom Clancy novel.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Bendrr: *Gasp* in your undies Yes, I do agree that there are some that could be redone. Thunder has a morbid fear of clowns so his favorite is IT, I liked the movie but I think a long movie could be done that would be more "true' to the book.

I usually wait for the video or DVD very few movies I'll go sit in a theatre to see, Harry Potter, Tolkien and HECK I would love to see Thunders'book made into a movie I know just how I would DEMAND it to be done LOL I waited forever for Tolkien to be done correctly LOL I think that they could have used more animation in this one not sure why they didn't .

Well, Bendrr I hope you enjoy it once it comes out

• Jesika
    Jesika

I haven't read the book, but my boyfriend and some co-workers of his saw it on Friday. They all said they didn't like the movie.

I was glad I didn't go, but if you liked it, maybe it was ok. I want to see Chicago before anything else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit