DreamCatcher

by SheilaM 21 Replies latest jw friends

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Thunder and I saw Dreamcatcher based on the book of the same name by Stephen King.

I screamed at least three times, it stayed true to the novel and the actors were amazing. I loved how they made Jonsey's office in his mind, it was just as I had imagined it.

If you love horror/Sci-fi I really think you will love it. I do recommend reading the book first (as always)

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Oh cool, I didn't realize that the movie was out yet! Dreamcatcher was one of my favorite King novels. I'm glad it stayed true to the book. I'm checking the movie listings right now to see if the husband wants to go tonight.

• topanga
    topanga

i love steven king i cant wait to see it.

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

I've finished a few King novels, but our local paper just gave the movie such a lousy review, I didn't go.

• Irreverent
    Irreverent

blondie wants to go to this movie. I'll probably take her; I can always keep my eyes closed.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Gam: I NEVER listen to reviews, this was a really a good portrayl of the book.

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

Sheila,

I agree. I seem to enjoy all kinds of movies whether the reviewers liked them or not. I was kind of wondering if it was just the local papers. The commercials sure caught my eye, tho.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Just keep in mind this isn't cinematic history it is a movie based on Kings book and it's horror but very well done.

• wasasister
    wasasister

Caution: Spoiler ahead...

To those who read the book:

Did you think they blew the ending? What was with Duddits as an alien? None of that was in the book...seemed to come from somewhere else, maybe "It"??

And the office scenes were exactly what I imagined. I don't expect most people to "get it" this time. Unless you read the book, the movie has huge holes in logic.

Wasa/devoted King fan

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Was:

Yep I feel you have to read it to understand it. I wasn't shocked at the end though that is a Kingism either aliens or spiders LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit