Memorial invite

by JoenB75 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• waton
    waton
    We thus have no way of knowing the exact number of anointed ones on earth; nor do we need to know. The Governing Body does not keep a list of all partakers,

pon, DOC. assuming that there is merit to the scriptures, The hope of the partakers that they are going to be ruling with Christ, does not depend even on the bodies governing now. or their hope.

one of the hidden facts is, that to rule for the 1000 years one has to die, be done in with the axe, not just live like a martyr (witness), but to die like one. Rev.20. The angels of Rev 7 are not publishing lists of sealed ones either. so,

never mind the wt invite, hopefully your secret personal performance is under a Clear Sky , the full moon to come.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    FFg - It's an elaborate ballet of moronity.

Blimey O'Rielly. I'd forgotten about that weird and utterly pointless ritual.

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

I remember in the old days when the Memorial ended our presiding servant would pour any wine left in the bottle down the drain or flush it down the loo on the principle that it had been blessed and prayed over so could not be treated as ordinary vino. (I never understood why he had no problems flushing such blessed wine down a toilet mind you.)

Nowadays I understand that all the undrunk wine is poured back into the bottle and returned to whoever bought it, so they can enjoy drinking it at home later in the week.

If you were ever on hall cleaning the weekend after a Memorial you usually would find the unleavened bread in the wastepaper basket behind the literature cabinet.

I told that to a friend who belongs to the Roman Catholic church and they were appalled - but that's because they go to the other extreme and believe that it is the actual flesh and blood of Jesus.

• waton
    waton
    find the unleavened bread in the wastepaper basket

Lidf: that shows you the symbolism of Abel's sacrifice, he too offered basically garbage, flesh, that not even the vegetarian dogs, antediluvian pigs would touch.

to the Roman Catholic church--,

shows you you that the catholics do it oftener, like Paul wrote: "as often as you celebrate you proclaim--

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

truth_b_known

about 30 years ago Witnesses started treating the Memorial like Easter & Christmas wrapped up in one. People would buy a fancy new outfit just for the Memorial (Easter Sunday outfit) and then big groups would go out to Christmas dinner after the Memorial was over.

Yep, how right you are

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I remember when I was dating in my early 20s getting a talking to by an elder because I went to my girlfriends congregation to "celebrate" the memorial there. Like it mattered what building you were in. I'm literally getting dressed up to pass crackers and wine to somebody.

I always found the term "celebrate" the memorial as a contradiction in terms. This didn't feel like a celebration. There was no joy. All very serious.

A complete waste of time.

Remember in 2001 when the memorial was at their homes (on account of the pandemic) and elders letter said if there's no anointed people present you dont even need the actual emblems?

I mean, why bother even having it?!!

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    Remember in 2021 when the memorial was at their homes (on account of the pandemic) and elders letter said if there's no anointed people present you dont even need the actual emblems?
    I mean, why bother even having it?!!

Or, the other extreme:

Whether there were anointed or not, most every congregation I know of told their members to have the emblems in their own house for Zoom.

What do you think happened after the final "amen" and buffoonish waving and the Zoom session ended?

Guar-an-TEED that 95% of the JWs chugged back the glasses of wine & got out the smoked salmon & cream cheese for the bread.

In other words, "partaking" of the very same emblems, just 15 minutes later when it somehow "didn't count".

And JWs mock Catholics for "pointless, stupid rituals".

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

FedUp- that "end" answer is a riot! I have to keep reading it over and laughing.. its so on the mark

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    DesirousOfChange
    Group of Eight

I like it !

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The GB have mandated that in-person meetings resume April 1,

April 1 ,April fools day .

Quite appropriate .

Share this

Google+