Memorial invite

by JoenB75 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

I always get an invite from my super zealous sister getting her time in or sometimes in the mail by someone getting their time in. The question is will I go to it? The answer is no. I have more important interest then wasting my time on that.

• waton
    waton

there is absolutely everything wrong with this, a given mandatory number of invitation leaflets delivered to every jw household door to "place" with the public.

Jesus invited only the closest associates, dismissed unworthy guest. --------wt wants to invite the whole world the more the merrier, like the mardi gras.

Jesus at the last supper had still the right to earthly life,

so did the apostles hope at the time, all were commanded and partook --------------wt wants nobody to partake. because

The calling closed in 1935 except for replacements for the unfaithful artakers since then.

Jesus said : "eat all of you" (with an earthly hope) --------------wt says " we dare you not to touch!

Jesus said unless you drink and eat, you will not have everlasting life ------------------wt says, you will earn life by obedience to us , slaving for a thousand years.

wt says, memorial will stop after the partakers are all gone, to heaven, at the beginning of the great tribulation.

how does that work out, with the ransom symbols eliminated, ( the ransom being the basis of the new covenant, for forgiveness of sins) ? btw not the kingdom covenant

partaking of the "blood of the new covenant" , that now give the "anointed" the right to earthly life, that they willingly sacrifice to go to heaven? how about those that want to keep that right and live on earth?

The great crowd of non partakers is counted to the last attendee, even in the washrooms. Rev 7 says nobody will be able to number them.

The wt "memorial is a farce, an anti christian comedy, as W. Pauli would have say, :

it is so bad, it is not even wrong.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Good point BoogerMan ,and thank you Atlantis for those Biblical versions.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    The calling closed in 1935 except for replacements for the unfaithful partakers since then.

Old light!

Seriously, they changed this about 8-10 years ago. Now it's a case of "who are we to judge if someone says they are anointed"?

There's still an informal pressure to not partake, and anyone who does partake is generally given a rolled-eye and a smirk behind their back, but the official teaching is now that Jehovah "may" still be calling new anointed.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Yes the 1935 is Old Light because there was such an increase in partakers that they had to do something, but they also added the caveat that likely any new partakers were insufficiently taught about the 2 classes and were likely still pining away on their Christendom doctrine of going to heaven OR.............they were not mentally right.

Doesn't the Group of Eight who are all "new partakers" answer that for us?

Stephen Lett (@notaliensinsuit) / Twitter

• waton
    waton
    Old light! , Yes the 1935 is Old Light

FFG , DOC, I cited 1935, because at that time it as announced, that somehow this group of people did not partake of the emblems, surprisingly as if the "millions that will never die" of 1918, did not need the ransom to do so.

A "vox popoli, vox dei" moment in wt history.

thanks for introducing the newer light, that still makes the forced rejection of the ransom at the last evening meal the worst wt doctrinal error. and

imagine, 10s of thousands of "anointed " branded as closet unfaithful, because of the new influx. ha ha. you have to constantly remind wt adherents how wrong, untrue their beliefs were and are, through their doctrinal "tacking" in His Majesty's Ship. wt inc.

Nobody needs the ransom more than the prospective Armageddon survivors, they will never pay the price for sin personally by dying, so the wt story goes anyway.

all other sheep are prospective candidates to be sealed to go to heaven, as were the apostles nisan 14 at the time. , so

all should partake. simple, Occam's Razor at its best.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

DOC

August 15, 2011 Watchtower (the study edition) pg 22 QfR: Memorial partakers. This is the number
    of baptized individuals who partake of the emblems at the Memorial worldwide. Does this total represent the number of anointed ones on earth? Not necessarily. A number of factors—including past religious beliefs or even mental or emotional imbalance—might cause some to assume mistakenly that they have the heavenly calling. We thus have no way of knowing the exact number of anointed ones on earth; nor do we need to know. The Governing Body does not keep a list of all partakers, for it does not maintain a global network of anointed ones.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

unless the 'slave' guides them.

Whenever I happen to get in a conversation with PIMI JW's who use that term I Ask them why they do not refer to who "the slave" is? then I proceed to ask questions about what the governing body is telling them, and substitute governing body for "the slave" every chance I get. A PIMI friend told me I should not do that because it makes it sound like they follow men.

Everyone just has to touch the emblems like they have been poisoned and the emblems emit the antidote which is absorbed through the skin.

The same PIMI friend mentioned above has been getting pretty pushy about "returning" to Jehovah and coming to the memorial as it will be in person and, "We have missed seeing you." I gave what I hope was a noncommittal answer that I might. Then I told him that IF in fact I did I would not be touching the glass or plate as they were passed because I did not know what others may pass on after THEY touched them. He nearly blew a gasket claiming that I would be showing disrespect.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

We thus have no way of knowing the exact number of anointed ones on earth; nor do we need to know.

But were gonna count every last one of them anyway, and report that number claiming that any decrease is proof that the end is near, or that an increase is proof that the end is near and the last ones are being gathered in just before the end of the end of the end right before the real end.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    Everyone just has to touch the emblems like they have been poisoned and the emblems emit the antidote which is absorbed through the skin.

LOL.

The best part is after the attendants have passed them to everyone. Then, despite having touched the plate & glass literally dozens of times each, it is absolutely essential that all the attendants minus one sit down, and one of the attendants "serves" them so they can all touch it. Then the attendant-attendant has to sit down, and an attendant-attendant-attendant has to stand up and "serve" him.

Oh, then then someone has to "serve" the speaker, in which he awkwardly hunches over from the platform to touch the plate / glass...or does he actually hold for a moment? The suspense just killed me every year.

It's an elaborate ballet of moronity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit