Jesus Is A Myth

by Brokeback Watchtower 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Brokeback Watchtower
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

One of the most interesting things I found out while researching is the goddess Inanna in Sumerian Times was the Queen of heaven . She goes to the underworld and while going there she’s stripped naked , her crown taken from her, beaten , killed then hung on a hook. Three days later some of her followers rescue her body and she’s resurrected.

The similaries are not exact but we’re talking a couple thousand years later when the story of Jesus is told.

I also found a couple of religious chants that were very similar to the sermon on the mount. They were found in the writtings from Assyria if memory serves me well.

• venus
    venus

There could have been a character called Jesus who taught some truths like other teachers elsewhere. However, details do not match with the claim that he was sent by God. For example, no mother who had experienced a miraculous pregnancy would leave the temple without ascertaining 12 year old Jesus was with her; no contemporaries who witnessed numerous miracles would prefer Barrabbas to Jesus.

What I liked the most about Jesus is that He was against convention and rejected much of the scriptures of his time.

What Robert M Price said in the video makes sense.

• Saename
    Saename

Crazyguy, to my knowledge, Inanna isn't stripped naked because that phrasing implies that other people take her clothes off without her consent. That's not quite what happened, is it? In order to pass through the seven gates that lead to Irkalla, people had to take their clothes off as a tradition. It's not that this happened to Inanna specifically; it's that it happened to everyone, and the circumstances are much different from what we see in Jesus' story. As such, the only similarity I see is that Inanna is revived after 3 days. Other than that, everything is different. Perhaps the video points out some other similarities? I haven't watched it as I don't have 10 minutes to spare at the moment.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Jesus is a myth

Shock, horror!

• venus
    venus

Xanthippe,

What is shocking--saying Jesus is a myth, or what he is portrayed to have said and done?

Sending a human being to an altar to be killed--is not a human act, but really an inhuman act which is the central theme of the Bible, hence Jesus becomes the center of this impossible theme who presented a totally different God: "Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: yet I say unto you, that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God doth so clothe the grass of the field, which to-day is, and to-morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you."

Such a God, sending Jesus to be murdered on an altar of incomprehensibility ...

Such a Jesus can figure only in a myth

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

So were Aristotle and Archimedes, IMO.

• punkofnice
  • Jehovah lol
    Jehovah lol

So was Elvis.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Jesus was nothing more than a fictitious entity that people were forced to worship, and the archetype of the perfect slave. The real "Christ" is none other than our sun--yup, the sun. The Three Wise Magi are nothing more than the three stars that make up the Belt of Orion, where the Star of Bethlehem is actually Sirius. And, on Christmas Eve, these stars point the way where the perfect light--the sun--will appear on Christmas morning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit