Jesus Is A Myth

by Brokeback Watchtower 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• venus
    venus

Cofty,

In Mathew 15:11 Jesus flouted the law about what is to be eaten--Law says certain flesh as clean and certain as unclean.

Again Jesus clearly flouted the law of Deuteronomy 24:16 (which says sins cannot be swapped) when he said he came to die for the sins of the world (Mathew 20:28; 26:28)

Leviticus 10:9 also he violated in a whole sale

I can give you many ....

• LV101
    LV101

Leviticus 19:10 proves the Crooklyn Cult Masters don't follow the bible -- so, therefore, it must be false lolololol! They should have left something for their poor adherents in Brooklyn to glean for slaving their lives away for their luxurious lifestyles.

Venus - hang on, listen and learn while debating with Cofty -- the boy knows the book. He should be traveling the world as an educational headliner production, on stage, enlightening the world with knowledge - both science and bible! We are gifted on this board with he and others, believe me.

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

Ohhh...just read the latest National Geographic....main article "The Real Jesus"....interesting....

• LV101
    LV101

mikeflood - thanks for info re/National Geographic. I'm going to try to obtain a copy.

• hothabanero
    hothabanero

Everyone should look at a talk by Richard Carrier. He uses mathematical methods he has developed himself to demonstrate Jesus probably didn't exist. Very convincing stuff!

• cofty
    cofty
    In Mathew 15:11 Jesus flouted the law about what is to be eaten--Law says certain flesh as clean and certain as unclean. - Venus

No he didn't. The context was about eating without washing hands. There is no law about that. Jesus obviously knew nothing about germ theory but he did not encourage breaking the Law on unclean foods.

Again Jesus clearly flouted the law of Deuteronomy 24:16 (which says sins cannot be swapped) when he said he came to die for the sins of the world (Mathew 20:28; 26:28)

Vicarious punishment in the form of animal sacrifice was central to the Law. According to christian doctrine Jesus voluntarily gave his life in the place of penitent sinners. This in no way negates the Law at Deut.14 which forbids punishing a child for the sins of the parent or vice-versa.

Leviticus 10:9 also he violated in a whole sale

Leviticus 10 describes additional laws that applied only to the priests serving at the Tabernacle. The restriction against drinking alcohol was not binding on Israel in general. Jesus was not of a priestly tribe and never entered the naos - the Holy part of the temple - as opposed the the hieron which was open to all Jews.

I can give you many ....

So far you have not come up with any.

Jesus obeyed the Law of Moses meticulously and commanded his followers to do likewise. Jesus was a Jewish Rabbi, he was not a Christian.

• venus
    venus

Cofty,

There was no need, in the first place, from going away from what I originally said: “What I LIKED THE MOST ABOUT JESUS IS THAT HE WAS AGAINST CONVENTION AND REJECTED MUCH OF THE SCRIPTURES OF HIS TIME.” When I used the expression “Scriptures of his time” it is simply all scriptures, not just “law” which are just 10 major commandments and around 600 sub laws which are like a drop in the ocean called “Scriptures of his time” which are basically human questions and human answers.

When I speak about ocean, you are restricting it into a drop which reduces the debate into a mere intellectual exercise as happening between atheists and theists which would never end because the way nature is can equally be interpreted in favor of both atheism and theism which means one doesn't have advantage over the other..

• cofty
    cofty

Venus you are changing the topic because you are unable to support your position with evidence.

Jesus was a Jewish Rabbi who supported every word of the Old Testament (the scriptures of his time)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit