Funny Now How Nobody Is Up In Arms About Closing The Border

by minimus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• waton
    waton
    the US should become an industrial powerhouse

S: unless robots can take over, where will the willing and dexterous labour en masse come from? the asylum seekers from the --holed countries Trump wants to build a wall against to stem the tide?

P.S. germany has great difficulties to find the "right stuff" among the many that came in 2015, and are content to exist on the dole too uneducated even at the basic level to contribute in todays upward workplace.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Waton - that is because they are entitlement hores from a parasitic culture.

R.B.

• minimus
    minimus

This is why Trump is right about America first. We have been too dependent on other nations for our prosperity. We need to be less dependent on others. We have the resources to do better.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Well said, Min (& Simon).

This current coronavirus crisis shows up the open borders policy for the lunacy that it undoubtedly is.

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

Liberal douches will not cry when it comes to their own safety. Just like the ones calling for banning all guns have X Navy seals with machine guns protecting them. LOL They are hypocrites and asshats.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Expect some serious decoupling, the US should become an industrial powerhouse and obliterate their [China's] economy.

Simon ...

When they work for $2 an hour and we work for $25 an hour, while at the same time manipulating their currency, it would be hard to obliterate their economy. China is expanding and the latest example is a huge expansion of trade with countries in South America.

It would be a huge challenge to obliterate their economy due to their worldwide expansion. On a recent trip to South America, my wife and I were shocked by the number of Chinese cars there.

I also saw several dealerships that sell MG vehicles. I thought "Wow", I haven't seen them here in the US for many years. In the end, they told me that your once sacred British MG brand, is now a Chinese product. China also now owns Volvo. GM's Buick line would also not exist were it not for the Chinese. GM got rid of Pontiac and Oldsmobile but for some unknown reason the Chinese like Buicks. I have no idea why.

Anyway, how do you stop them?

Rub a Dub

• Simon
    Simon
    unless robots can take over, where will the willing and dexterous labour en masse come from?

We have people, there will be a shift in employment, we've become too "service economy" focused. We need to bring back manufacturing.

When they work for $2 an hour and we work for $25 an hour, while at the same time manipulating their currency, it would be hard to obliterate their economy.

Companies make less profit, CEOs don't get paid obscene salaries. More money is shared more evenly, the way it used to be before outsourcing production to a company that employs slave labor became fashionable.

It would be a huge challenge to obliterate their economy due to their worldwide expansion. On a recent trip to South America, my wife and I were shocked by the number of Chinese cars there.

That's why we should decouple ASAP and stop handing everything over to them. Let's get their wages down to $0.

I also saw several dealerships that sell MG vehicles. I thought "Wow", I haven't seen them here in the US for many years. In the end, they told me that your once sacred British MG brand, is now a Chinese product. China also now owns Volvo.

Yes, some people sell their workers and countries down the river - no loyalty, anything for a quick buck.

People need to make choices - purchase locally manufactured products, support their own economies and realize that ultimately it helps themselves.

Have some national pride.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

RUB A DUB:

I don’t care about obliterating their economy, just making ours better.

This outsourcing is what has ruined the US in my opinion. It’s happened over the last several decades under both administrations. All these CEOs with their three vacation homes helped to do this.

You can thank this for the ghost towns, unemployment, constant panhandling and college students that can’t find a job. And to add insult to injury, we have illegal immigrants coming in as well.

I remember when people got raises, had a job for decades and were able to retire well. My father’s generation was probably the last one that was able to do that. People that retire now (like me) still don’t have all the perks they did.

Well, now we have a national health crisis and everybody is seeing the danger of relying on a foreign hostile power which is now in possession of everything we need! Somebody wanting to sabotage us couldn’t have planned this better if they tried!

At the very least, I would hope that at this point that medicines and medical supplies are going to be made here. The rest? I wouldn’t hold my breath. Too much greed.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

LongHairGirl ....

I was not mentioning about obliterating their economy, if you re-read the thread; Simon made that comment. I was simply opining about how difficult or impossible it would be to do that given the wide reach that China has into the rest of the world.

As you mention about health care, I was SHOCKED when I saw that 90% of major medicines come from China. That is shocking to me. So China is holding us by the short-hairs when we need medicine? Aren't we paying enough for prescription drugs, often 5 or 10 times or more than other near-by countries?

I am still in shock.

Rub a Dub

• caves
    caves
    Let me guess. When Trump closes borders on a Tuesday, it's racist. When Trudeau closes them on the Wednesday it's all "amazing" foreign policy?

Expect some serious decoupling, the US should become an industrial powerhouse and obliterate their economy.

It seems you couldn't be more correct about the Trump- Trudeau analysis.

The us should become an industrial power house. Not sure why this hasn't happened yet since America is energy independent. And has been , I might add, for decades. Unfortunately Americas are not independent on trade and goods. Yes I know , greed from corporations outsourcing jobs @ 2$ an hour vs what ever the pay to bring back industry to ones own country. If those CEOs could manage to live off of a 100,000,000 bonus instead of a 250,000,000 bonus. They might have to only have 5 Ferrari's instead of 10.( over generalization, but just making a point)

This global pandemic hopefully will wake up all countries to take major proactive steps to become more independent.

Trade is one thing. Being dependent on another country for basic needs is crazy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit