A Muslium American kills fellow soldier

by JT 16 Replies latest social current

• JT
    JT

it will be interesting to see what happens to muslium soldiers who are serving in the US miltary

it could be a serious backlash for these folks

when folks belief systems are tested it is very hard to tell how it will play out

I kinda find this not surprising at all, i work with a muslium guy and sometimes he scares the hell out of me when i listen to him talk

and for some folks after awhile their talk becomes action- how sad

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Not wanting to add or take away anything, I must say that "fragging" isn't a new occurence. It isn't as common as was once thought, but it has happened. To tell the truth, when I first heard of this and also heard one soldier was missing, "fragging" is the first thing that came to my mind.

Him being a Muslim may end up be totally unrelated and it may end up being a personal matter between him and a commander. Only time will tell, if we even are told the outcome of an investigation. Regardless, the intent can be nothing other than premeditated murder.

• jelly
    jelly

Fox news reported that the officers he attacked were not in his command chain. He was actually in a separate unit that was attached to these guys. If it was simply disgruntled GI fragging wouldn’t he have done his own officers in?

Terry

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Terry, my whole point is for us not to rush to judgement on this. Let's let the military do their investigation and deal with him. So far, although everything FOXnews is reporting points to him doing it, he hasn't even been charged. But, let's let the military do their investigation and if he did in fact do it, either because he was disgruntled or because he was a Muslim disillusioned with the American Military or for whatever reason, it is still premeditated murder in my mind.

• jelly
    jelly

Fair enough, its hard not to speculate though.

Terry

• rekless
    rekless

Simply stated: That is what happens when you let a fox guard the hen house.

• LB
    LB
    fragging" isn't a new occurence

Appears from what I heard on TV that this may be the case. Seems he had a problem with an officier. Who hasn't???

• teejay
    teejay

If I was over there in battle gear and happened to even LOOK like a Muslim (and in fact I *have* been mistaken for Muslim) I'd beg my commanders to send me to the rear. That may happen even without my request. I couldn't have my comrades not fully trusting me in the context of life and death situations, and what happened last night puts in doubt the loyalty of all soldiers who are (or simply appear to be) of Muslim descent. What that soldier did cast an unfortunate shadow over perhaps many servicemen and women who are innocent of any wrongdoing and loyal to their country.

• berylblue
    berylblue
    it will be interesting to see what happens to muslium soldiers who are serving in the US miltary

I'm a bit naieve, but the question which begs asking is why on earth a fanatical Muslim would serve in the US military

Beryl

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

from another board(cross-posting):

My question for the media(who loves to put people in boxes and use certain lingo to make themselves seem more important than they are-hmmmmmmmm...)

how do you know this was a fragging and not a loose canon? In Viet
    Nam the only terrorists were in their own country. This is a totally
    different war. How can someone be disgruntled about his commanding
    officers BEFORE they have ever been engaged? This sounds to me like a
    single whacko. Whatever his reasons for losing it--I don't think it
    can even be compared to Viet Nam. I too have many friends
    in right now and connections to various bases, including Fort Bragg,
    and the over all consensus of the soldiers is not non-compliance with
    this war. It may change over time, but there is just no way this can
    be compared to Viet Nam as far as the attitude of the soldiers.

Ravyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit