Why is it not considered Terrorism when the US is Involved?????

by Judas 24 Replies latest social current

• searcher
    searcher
    Please forgive America - And please bring forth Armageddon.....

So you want to prevent the killing of possible thousands, by asking jehovah to kill billions ?

Strange sort of logic, although, like XenaWarrior, I was never a JW, so I probably have no idea of how the world really is.

Maybe i should just sit back and wait for someone on the board to give me lessons in logic, good taste, and good manners.

searcher.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Searcher, am I to understand that you don't believe in the death penalty?

Guest 77

• Francois
    Francois

Because terrorism is perpetrated by secret men, acting in secret who spring from ambush with no prior announcement, and who - after the act - disappear only to pop back up later to claim "responsibility" for what they've done. And what they've done is to target the civilian population in order to create confusion, fear, and terror. That's why they call 'em terrorists. They're cowards hiding behind a cause popular to only a few. It can't be called terrorism when the US does it because our actions do not fit the definition. And the rest of your questions are just as foolish and just as easy to pick off one by one. I'll leave the rest for the others.

You're much too ill-informed and vastly too emotionally involved to be any fun to debate with.

francois

• teejay
    teejay

The definition we give the word "terrorism" might very well differ from that of other countries and peoples.

There are many ethno-centric Americans that deeply feel that the U.S. couldn't possibly *ever* perform a terrorist act simply because America always -- and I mean ALWAYS -- holds the moral high ground. I thought everyone knew that.

With that in mind, it should be continually remembered that every gov't act the U.S. sanctions has a high moral purpose. It may -- I say IT MAY -- appear to be contrary to all moral, ethical, spiritual, and legal standards generally accepted by the "civilized" world, but those harboring that view simply don't see the big picture - a picture that our glorious leaders possess in startling, detailed Technicolor.

Please don't bring up the fact that the U.S. gives Israel some $5 billion every year in economic or military aid, aid that is then used to oppress and murder Palestinian men, women, and children; steal their land; and destroy their homes. That is **NOT** terrorism. Don't bring up the fact that in the 80s the U.S. trained and armed bin Laden who then later -- supposedly -- caused the greatest act of terror in history. Our backing of a terrorist -- training, staffing, and materially supplying him -- is not terrorism. Surely you see that. There are other examples, too numerous to mention. I hope these two serve to enlighten you.

Simply put: whenever the U.S. acts anywhere in the world, it's war. When others react to our covert or overt acts, it's terrorism. Hope this clears it up for you.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Teejay... my brutha, my brutha... the greatest of peace to you, and... BRAVO... well said!! I won't go any further, for I don't have the "health" right now to "debate" rebuttals (if any) to your position. But it is quite accurate. Of course.

Dear young poster Judas: I am going to beg your forgiveness for my fellow posters here, particularly Sheila M. (Yes, Sheila, someone needs to apologize for you - IMHO, you haven't been here long enough to have rightly made such a statement, that "you are not welcome here.") Please understand, young one, that people here are very opinionated, as you too have demonstrated, and if you wish someone to see your position, well, hurling condemnations isn't a good way to do it. Do you remember the exhortation to "let your words be seasoned with salt?" Or how about, "An answer, when mild, turns away rage."

Although I can truly understand your inner conflict right now, you must understand that "craving the day of Jah (Psalm 68:4)" is NOT the way of the Truth (John 14:6). Rather, like his God and Father, JAH... of Armies... the Son, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH... went GRANTING life. For God does not desire... ANY... to die! And when circumstances dictate that it must occur... He does not rejoice. For God IS love... and love... does not "rejoice over unrighteousness," whether the unrighteousness is on the part of man against man, or that which led God to have to act against man.

I would ask YOU then... if you deign to want what God wants... that you PRAY for your enemies... whoever they may be... so as to prove who YOU are... a son of God... (Matthew 5:43-48)... rather than judging and condemning and thus proving yourself the "son"... of another. Again, may you have peace!

Dearest Simon: Please forgive ME, but I hope the "rules" aren't so rigid that we can't give a person a first opportunity to "vent" and get something off their chest. Rather than instantly reproving them, perhaps we should exercise a little patience and TEACH them what is expected. True, dear Robdar said he tried... but obviously the young man had a great deal on his mind... and his heart. And all of us... if not most of us... have "gone there" at least once since being here. Remember my post about "I HATE them?!" Dear one, the EMOTION that evoked that post was quite beyond me. Maybe, then, this young man's EMOTIONS, too, are at a place where he did the best he could. Do we REALLY want to control even another's EMOTIONS? Isn't that what the Borg is about, and how can we condemn them if we do the same thing?

Failing anyone's understanding of that, I am compelled to quote the Apostle James, who said that while the tongue is so little a member, it can set a great fire: "For we ALL stumble... many times. If anyone does not stumble in word, this one is a perfect man, able to bridle also his whole body." And we KNOW... all of us here... that NONE of us are able to bridle are whole bodies.

So, I ask you... cut the young man some slack... and you who have never "vented" similarly becase you, of course, DO "know better" (yeah, right!)... perhaps you can PATIENTLY redirect his anger to a more constructive place... rather than immediately attack him for his... ummmm... ignorance. Why do I ask this? Because all things you want men to do to YOU... you should do to them... and every one of us stand to say a "wrong"... if not "offensive" thing... sooner or later.

And because anything less... would be quite hypocritical, wouldn't it?

Again, the greatest of peace to you all.

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Judas,the members on JW.com didn`t send the US into Iraq..Everyone supports the military with tax dollars including you..Do you really think if god kills every one who isn`t a JW,that helps people who are being killed?..You are one mixed up dude..Maybe you should go after the organizations that actually support the war..Try the WBTS owned Rand Cam corp..Once you have cleaned up your own organization you can worry about everybody else...OUTLAW

• AGuest
    AGuest

Funny thing about that "Rand Cam" corp... and I wondered regarding the connection to the "Rand Corporation," which, in watching the news yesterday, the commentator made mention that "the Rand Corporation" is "the EXPERT ADIVSOR to the President and U.S. military on strategic maneuvers for progress of the war."

Things that make you go "hmmmmm..."

(But I still don't understand the surprise, because we know the WTBTS is "dirty". Don't we?)

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Now there`s a supriseing foot note..Thanks AGuest...OUTLAW

• Robdar
    Robdar

TeeJay,

Thank you for your balanced reply to Judas. Again, you blow me away with your level headedness.

((((((A Guest)))))

I wept when I read your post to Judas. You have again spoken truth as a light in this young man's darkness. I thank you for it. My heart is heavy for Judas while his world crumbles beneath him. Thank you for your kindness and may the Lord continue to bless you.

Love,

Robyn

• reporter
    reporter

Frankie said:

It can't be called terrorism when the US does it because our actions do not fit the definition

It depends on whose definition we're talking about. And that "shock and awe" nonsense is just doublespeak for terrorism. Here's the DHS's definition, as I brought out on a different thread...again, Frank, didn't you learn anything from the JWs about arguing from a position of "special pleading"? The only difference is the overtness of the warning before the attack, although it could be argued that there was plenty of intel and warning pre 9/11. That's a whole other frigging book.

Everything cuts both ways.

http://www.immigration.gov/lpBin/lpext.dll/inserts/slb/slb-1/slb-21/slb-2013?f=templates&fn=document-frame.htm#slb-act212

On March 1st, 2003, the Dept. of Homeland Security, under the former Pennsylvania governor Tom Ridge, took over the duties of the former INS (Immigration and Naturalization Service), and added terrorism to the legislative language used to determine admissibility of aliens wishing to visit or immigrate to the United States. This new office is called the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services.
    Hey, don't blame me...I didn't craft this legislation!

iii) TERRORIST ACTIVITY DEFINED.-As used in this Act, the term "terrorist activity" means any activity which is unlawful under the laws of the place where it is committed (or which, if 4/ it had been committed in the United States, would be unlawful under the laws of the United States or any State) and which involves any of the following:

i.e. unlawful under Iraq's laws

(I) The highjacking or sabotage of

any conveyance (including an aircraft, vessel, or vehicle).

(II) The seizing or detaining, and

threatening to kill, injure, or continue to detain, another individual in order to compel a third person (including a governmental organization) to do or abstain from doing any act as an explicit or implicit condition for the release of the individual seized or detained.

i.e compelling the government of Iraq to give up its WMD

(III) A violent attack upon an internationally protected person (as defined in section 1116(b)(4) of title 18, United States Code) or upon the liberty of such a person.

(IV) An assassination. i.e. Saddam Hussein and his government

(V) The use of any-

(a) biological agent, chemical agent, or nuclear weapon or device, or

(b) explosive, 4/ firearm, or other weapon or dangerous device (other than for mere personal monetary gain), with intent to endanger, directly or indirectly, the safety of one or more individuals or to cause substantial damage to property.

i.e. cruise missiles, MOAB, and other ordinances...you don't have to use WMD to qualify as a terrorist!

(VI) A threat, attempt, or conspiracy to do any of the foregoing.

4/ (iv) ENGAGE IN TERRORIST ACTIVITY DEFINED- As used in this chapter, the term "engage in terrorist activity" means, in an individual capacity or as a member of an organization-

i.e. the U.S. Armed Forces

(I) to commit or to incite to commit, under circumstances indicating an intention to cause death or serious bodily injury, a terrorist activity;

(II) to prepare or plan a terrorist activity;

i.e. Tommy Franks and company

(III) to gather information on potential targets for terrorist activity;

i.e. CIA intelligence gathering

(IV) to solicit funds or other things of value for--

i.e. diverting lawful tax revenues from the Treasury

(aa) a terrorist activity;

(bb) a terrorist organization described in clause (vi)(I) or (vi)(II); or

(cc) a terrorist organization described in clause (vi)(III), unless the solicitor can demonstrate that he did not know, and should not reasonably have known, that the solicitation would further the organization's terrorist activity;

(V) to solicit any individual--

i.e. to recruit and train members for engaging in conflict

(aa) to engage in conduct otherwise described in this clause;

(bb) for membership in a terrorist organization described in clause (vi)(I) or (vi)(II); or

(cc) for membership in a terrorist organization described in clause (vi)(III), unless the solicitor can demonstrate that he did not know, and should not reasonably have known, that the solicitation would further the organization's terrorist activity; or

(VI) to commit an act that the actor knows, or reasonably should know, affords material support, including a safe house, transportation, communications, funds, transfer of funds or other material financial benefit, false documentation or identification, weapons (including chemical, biological, or radiological weapons), explosives, or training--

i.e. ordinary military operations

(aa) for the commission of a terrorist activity;

(bb) to any individual who the actor knows, or reasonably should know, has committed or plans to commit a terrorist activity;

(cc) to a terrorist organization described in clause (vi)(I) or (vi)(II); or

(dd) to a terrorist organization described in clause (vi)(III), unless the actor can demonstrate that he did not know, and should not reasonably have known, that the act would further the organization's terrorist activity.

This clause shall not apply to any material support the alien afforded to an organization or individual that has committed terrorist activity, if the Secretary of State, after consultation with the Attorney General, or the Attorney General, after consultation with the Secretary of State, concludes in his sole unreviewable discretion, that this clause should not apply.

5/ (v) REPRESENTATIVE DEFINED.-As used in this paragraph, the term "representative" includes an officer, official, or spokesman of an organization, and any person who directs, counsels, commands, or induces an organization or its members to engage in terrorist activity.

i.e. that would include Donald Rumsfeld, Colin Powell, Condi Rice, Tommy Franks, Ari Fleischer (our lovely spokesdude) and a whole list of unmentionables

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit