Why do we see only brown-colored people in USA detention centers?

by Wonderment 19 Replies latest social current

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I ask you to come to a walmart in my county in NC. Every Saturday morning 50 to 60 buses loads of illegal migrant workers go in the walmart at 10 am and shop.

silentbuddha ...

Recently an FBI agent before a house committee hearing, said he was in a Walmart in Southern Virginia and he could smell the Trump support there.

So if you combine the Trump supporters with busloads of illegals who likely had not showered yet after coming out of the fields ... well ... that must be one nasty smelling Walmart.

Rub a Dub (on his way to the air freshener aisle)

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    The difference is that the MAJORITY of Europeans, Asians and African people come here legally or are truly refugees and then their status changes

Exactly. That is actually the answer to the original post. The United Status enforces the law really only at the border or within 100 miles of the border. Immigration agents are not really combing the streets looking of illegals.

So because they only apprehend people at the border, in this case the southern border, it's normal that the detainees will be from Central America.

Illegal immigrants who are white, typically arrive via plane, and have a visa that let's them into the country, and then end up staying illegally. As far as Canadians, same thing. They don't need a visa to get it, so they just get in and end up staying illegally.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

Dont forget that many illegals in the inner city are often taken to local jain then straight to airports and flown to home country

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Wonderment - "Why do we see only brown-colored people in USA detention centers?"

Prejudice?

• Simon
    Simon
    She looked to be in pretty bad shape and kept saying, "Where's the timmies? I need timmies! PLEASE GOD! SEND ME SOME TIMMIES!" I have no idea what "timmies" means, some sort of narcotic perhaps. It was a sad thing to see.

LOL, Timmies = Tims = Time Hortons ... a donut and coffee shop.

So yes, kind of sad, but also kind of totally normal.

• Theonlyoneleft
    Theonlyoneleft

I’m not in the USA so is difficult to say, but here in the UK we have so many cultures and different people that I see day in day out.

I think it’s wonderful to be able to learn about others and expand my knowledge about different ways of different cultures.

These days people move to wherever they need to go... some can do it legally others are not so lucky (not saying this is right).

Like someone said on a previous comment, I don’t have any problems in sharing space etc, would just be nice to see that when people do move somewhere else that they contribute towards that country socially and economically.

And by your “brown” definition .... we are all brown lol.... some mocha, some velvet chocolate and some just a lighter shade of magnolia... inside we are the same human kind!

I call for giving opportunities, tolerance and love to those that need....we never know when that person is going to be us. 😊

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

LOL, Timmies = Tims = Time Hortons

Good grief! Even the pigeons are addicted!

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

@frozen2018 I think that's a Canada goose.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

There are about 100,000 illegal Canadians living in the US. The US has a population of 330,000,000. I would guess that most of the 100,000 illegals from the north are white given Canada is 72% white (almost identical to the US) and most Canadians speak passable English.

frozen ...

Come on now. Who the hell wants to see Canadians locked up in a detention center? What news channel would even cover it? What story would they have to tell about their dangerous journey to get to the US?

About the only news-worthy thing to broadcast would be watching them fight over whether they are going to watch the Habs or the Leafs play hockey on TV that night.

Rub a Dub

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

Who the hell wants to see Canadians locked up in a detention center?

Have you ever been to Thunder Bay? Just saying...

BTW, my previous thoughts on this matter do not apply to Quebec. Quebec is not Canada.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit