Evolution is a Fact #21 - Footprints in the Sand

by cofty 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty
    DD - Sorry my comments were directed at Fisherman
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman
    It is nothing like dating a flint tool.
    I never said that it was. I was trying to respond DD very logical question.

obviously more evidence is needed to extrapolate the date of the tool. (Or footprint)

"You can only make prints in volcanic ash before it sets The date Sadiman erupted depositing a layer of ash can be determined with a high degree of accuracy." <more evidence showing when the prints could have been made>

But here is YOUR fallacy: four Australopithecus afarensis walked across it

That is a conclusion not a fact. The conclusion also suggest that Aa was some humanic creature. I am not convinced. And I find it too much of a coincidence for "Lucy" finder to find a million or so year old elbow sticking out of the ground.

Why do you feel that my response to Data Dog's question is gibberish? It is not. And neither are my Ricky Ricardo remarks that allude to the African million year old elbow above ground!

Seems to me that your posts emulate and copy the ideas of others with you failing to read and comprehend them before you post them and with no evidence of any originality of your own besides your disrespect and criticism of the arguments, conclusions of others. Your posts are not scientific, they only pretend to be.

• cofty
    cofty
    I find it too much of a coincidence for "Lucy" finder to find a million or so year old elbow sticking out of the ground. - Fish

Nobody found an elbow. You don't know even the very first thing about hominids and you have no intention of learning.

If you did some research you would learn about how hundreds of specimens have been discovered and how they are dated. You would know about the years of work that went in to finding the Lucy fossils. You would learn about the multiple features that prove Australophicus afarensis was bipedal. You could research the process of fossilisation and learn how fossils from millions of years ago come to be uncovered.

But you prefer wilful ignorance and childish conspiracy theories

your posts emulate and copy the ideas of others with you failing to read and comprehend them before you post them

I never post anything unless I thoroughly understand it and can explain it succinctly in my own words.

your disrespect and criticism of the arguments, conclusions of others

I welcome well-informed criticism and honest questions. I don't respect vacuous comments and ad hominem fallacies.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Nobody found an elbow

I heard the lecture! I suggest you read what you are posting. about before you post it, obviously you haven't.

Anyway, that is my view.

• cofty
    cofty
    Yes sorry it was an arm bone. The knee joint I was thinking of was found the previous season and was not part of Lucy.

You can read my description of the Lucy discovery here...

Every one of my OPs in this series is based on hours of revision of things I learned over the past decade or so.

Do some research about Australopithecus afarensis. You will be amazed by how much has been discovered. Asking questions is good. Dismissing well established science because you are too lazy to do some reading and because you think it is a threat to your religious superstitions is what we did as JWs. Or are you still a JW I can't remember?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Nobody found an elbow

You are not even honest enough to admit your ignorance, you want to cover it up.. There goes your credibility.

• cofty
    cofty
    You are not even honest enough to admit your ignorance, you want to cover it up - Fishy

What part of the following did you take as a lack of willingness to admit my mistake?

"Yes sorry it was an arm bone. The knee joint I was thinking of was found the previous season and was not part of Lucy". - Me

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

your ignorance

I truly do not think that cofy is ignorant and I did not mean to call him ignorant in my post. I should have worded what I wanted to say a little differently. The rest of what I have posted on this thread speaks for itself.

• Landy
    Landy
    Ignorance is not a bad thing - it's simply not knowing. To be content in one's ignorance however .......
  • cofty
    cofty
    The rest of what I have posted on this thread speaks for itself - Fishy

Indeed it does!

You are proud of your ignorance and nobody is ever going to take it away from you Fisherman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit