New NWT deception at Genesis 8:22 to indicate earth remains forever.

by jwfacts 51 Replies latest watchtower bible

• steve2
    steve2

It is not dissimilar to the English phrase, "As long as I live". It implies, not that I will live forever, but instead for as long as I am alive.

For example, "As long as I live, I will ensure the house is kept in order".

• johnamos
    johnamos

Ecclesiastes 1:4 A generation is going, and a generation is coming; but the earth is standing even to time indefinite

Rev. 11:17, 18: “We thank you, Jehovah God, the Almighty, the One who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and begun ruling as king. But the nations became wrathful, and your own wrath came, and the appointed time . . . to bring to ruin those ruining the earth.”

Psalm 104:5 He has founded the earth upon its established places; It will not be made to totter to time indefinite, or forever.

Matthew 5:5 “Happy are the mild-tempered ones, since they will inherit the earth.

Ps. 37:29: “The righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it

Matthew 25:46 And these will depart into everlasting cutting-off, but the righteous ones into everlasting life.”

Proverbs 2:21 For the upright are the ones that will reside in the earth, and the blameless are the ones that will be left over in it.

Psalm 37:9 For evildoers themselves will be cut off, But those hoping in Jehovah are the ones that will possess the earth.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Jesus words Matt.5:18 "For assuredly, I say to you,till heaven and earth pass away".
  • smiddy
    smiddy

So Jehovah has an each way bet on whether the earth stands forever or it will pass away .

On the one hand his written word indicates that the world will pass away , not endure for ever , then on the other hand he indicates that it will

last forever , that it will not pass away.

2 bob each way please

smiddy

• johnamos
    johnamos
    Jesus words Matt.5:18 "For assuredly, I say to you,till heaven and earth pass away".

How about citing the FULL context:

Matthew 5:17 “Do not think I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I came, not to destroy, but to fulfill; 18 for truly I say to YOU that sooner would heaven and earth pass away than for one smallest letter or one particle of a letter to pass away from the Law by any means and not all things take place.

On the one hand his written word indicates that the world will pass away, not endure for ever , then on the other hand he indicates that it will

The physically earth did not pass away after either of the two said events occurred:

2 Peter 2:5 and he did not hold back from punishing an ancient world, but kept Noah, a preacher of righteousness, safe with seven others when he brought a deluge upon a world of ungodly people; 6 and by reducing the cities Sod´om and Go·mor´rah to ashes he condemned them, setting a pattern for ungodly persons of things to come; 7 and he delivered righteous Lot,
    Is there any real verse in the Bible talking about a ''paradise earth''? I've always wondered that.

(Genesis 2:15) And Jehovah God proceeded to take the man and settle him in the garden* of E´den to cultivate it and to take care of it.

* The Septuagint rendered the Hebrew word for “garden” (gan) by the Greek word pa·ra´dei·sos. To this fact we owe our association of the English word “paradise” with the garden of Eden.

(Genesis 1:28) Further, God blessed them and God said to them: “Be fruitful and become many and fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving upon the earth.”

(Psalm 115:16) As regards the heavens, to Jehovah the heavens belong, But the earth he has given to the sons of men.

Isaiah 55:11 so my word that goes forth from my mouth will prove to be. It will not return to me without results, but it will certainly do that in which I have delighted, and it will have certain success in that for which I have sent it.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    How do you explain Psalm 102 quoted above?
  • jhine
    jhine

Reading through all this these verses from Revelation come to mind .

" Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth , for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away , and there was no longer any sea . I saw the Holy City , the new Jerusalem , coming down out of heaven from God , prepared as a bride , beautifully dressed for her husband . And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying ' Now the dwelling of God is with men , and He will live with them . They will be his people and God Himself will be with them '. "

So perhaps both are true , this earth will be destroyed but a new one will be made to last forever .

I think that the Witnesses go wrong with the teaching of two classes of people , the 144,000 in heaven the rest on earth . The Bible indicates that heaven and earth will merge and God will dwell among men .

Whatever your your attitude towards the Bible can we agree that the WT may have deliberately changed the verse in question to indicate that the earth will not pass away to underpin their doctrine of the 144,000 in heaven and the rest HOPING to be good enough to get a place on earth .

All about control .

Jan

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

But johnamos, the law DID pass away...

• johnamos
    johnamos

Nowhere is it stated that the law will not end (pass away) but just that it will not do so without fulfillment of that of what is said to have to take place in order to do so…

Romans 7:6 But now we have been discharged from the Law, because we have died to that by which we were being held fast, that we might be slaves in a new sense by the spirit, and not in the old sense by the written code.

Colossians 2:14 and blotted out the handwritten document against us, which consisted of decrees and which was in opposition to us; and He has taken it out of the way by nailing it to the torture stake.

Ephesians 2:15 By means of his flesh he abolished the enmity, the Law of commandments consisting in decrees, that he might create the two peoples in union with himself

Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the Law, so that everyone exercising faith may have righteousness.
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts

Johnamos, you are reading into Scriptures what is not there. For instance, how are you quoting Matthew 25:46 "And these will depart into everlasting cutting-off, but therighteous ones into everlasting life.” as discussing living forever on a paradise earth?

I discuss this topic at http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/earth-forever.php. I find it interesting that R Franz felt it was inconclusive whether people would live forever on earth or not. Personally, I feel the Bible strongly shows that there is no everlasting future for this planet, and the expectation of early Christians was heavenly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit