Who is the current "King of the South"?

by Azalo 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Erich
    Erich

blondie

I am sure you know that official WTS-teaching is changing on "new light", and I think there is a very high probability that such a situation is now on the way.

E.

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

Erich,

You almost seem proud of the fact that the Wt will act upon new light on this subject. I would be embarrassed. I have lived through many iterations of "new light" and so far all new light is invariably wrong, especially in the area of prophecy. Do you think they will be wrong again with the new light that's supposedly coming out in a couple months?

The only thing the Watchtower men have learned from this KON/S (King of North/Sorth) fiasco is to blame the King of the North for switching identities. Note the November '93 Watchtower where the men say:

"Or is he changing identity completely, as he has a number of times before? We cannot say. Who will be the king of the north when Daniel 11:44, 45 is fulfilled?"

But, this cover-up only really works for JWs who are too lazy to look up the other fulfillments which were supposed to be happening with the Anglo-American and Russian world powers. Surely the Watchtower men don't expect all JWs to be lazy, do they? Someday we should review the first book I ever remember studying at the book study: Your Will Be Done on Earth." In hindsight, a couple chapters read like the ravings of a lunatic. But it was "new light" at the time.

Gamaliel

• rocketman
    rocketman

Erich, I was confining my comment, as Blondie was, to curerent jw thinking. What happens in the future is anyone's guess.

• Erich
    Erich

Hi all,

I have a different sight of these things.

The bible is neither a history book nor a "program book" for all steps programmed from this moment until reaching a righteous new world. But we never should reject bible verses and books generally only for the fact that the things had not been fulfilled in same way we expected.

It is indeed very probably that many biblical prophecy has iterative fulfillments. Same is valid for Dan. 11:40-45 (king of the north/south). The failure of WTS was to insist always at only one single expected fulfillment as "the absolute truth". I think this was a very great fault. One should have never been ceasing to discuss about probable parallel or alternative fulfillments. That is valid for book-studies in groups too.

E.

• archangel01
    archangel01

Hello,

I didn't mean 500, 000 troops would stay in a country. I just think that's what bush will have to work with if they go after North Kor. next. I think the usa has about 1.2 million troops ( I just found that out) so maybe like 500,000 to 800,000 for the next war. Plus if they are going to fight on North Kor. play ground that's going to be tough. Any throughts on this!

• Erich
    Erich

Possible war-theater scenarios:
    It is sure that in this gulf war "2", we have to calculate with the following scenarios:

Theater-scenario 1: likelihood smaller than 20%
    The USA and their Allied Forces are marching in in Baghdad within the next 2 weeks. The Saddam-loyal troops surrender. The leaders commit suicide. A new government
    (according to the process in 1945 in Germany) get installed. Pause.

Theater-scenario 2: Likelihood approximately 30%
    The USA-troops seize around Baghdad. The war lasts longer than expected, and becomes more expensive and more costly day by day. War-expenses of about more than 1,6 trillions dollars are calculated anyway, according to CNN. The Allied Forces conquer the free country and the oil-fields; but not the cities. Simultaneously, danger threats from side of Afghanistan, North Korea, and other countries. They with high probability will go to withdraw their troops then from Iraq to fight against North Korea etc. But two simultaneous wars on the earth with more than 400 000 troops they cannot lead. They are too weak to do both.
    In this situation they would put the blame for the disastrous situation to the UN as well as to the war-unwilling North-alliance (EC, Russia, China etc) and leave them alone in the whole shit.
    Consequence: Total destabilization; Chaos.

Theater-scenario 3: Likelihood approximately 30% too
    The USA and the allied ones see most of all Arabic countries fall successively into the hand of fanatic Muslims and islamic fundamentalists. Caused through hate and anger about war.
    In order to attain the respect and "liking" of the Arabic world again, they begin to invade in Israel and Palestine in order to establish "peace" and a palestine government there. Once again: total miscalculation and wrong-assessment.
    Consequence: Even bigger chaos as previously...

Theater-scenario 4: Likelihood about 10%
    The USA and their Allied Forces seize in the Iraq as mentioned above, and would be attacked by the Iraq with forbidden ABC-weapons. They consequently ask the UN and the previous war-rejecting countries about support in the fight. The UN agree, and France, Germany, Russia, China and others send a half million extra army to the "liberation" of the Iraq.
    Consequence: A rebellion of the entire Islamic world against the " western enemies ".
    Total chaos, too.

Theater-scenario 5: Likelihood about 5-10%
    The USA and their Allied Forces are seizing in the Iraq as mentioned above, and will use for their part forbidden weapons - namely nuke bombs - to shorten the period of this war. (See: Hiroshima)
    Consequence: A enormous rebellion of THE WHOLE WORLD against the USA and alliance. They will become "outlaws" and completely isolated from the entire world.

Possibly there are more war-scenarios, but they hardly have chances.
    Anyway, I think that during the period of this war (however at least afterward) " new light " regarding the king of the north and the king of the south will come. Possibly much more....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit