Something cool happened...

by flower 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• flower
    flower

Thanks for the replys and suggestions everyone..

Grace, lol youre too funny. You pray enough for the both of us I'm sure.

Blondie, the females in my family are the same, they'll never believe the truth even if Jehovah told them himself.

I'll keep you all updated, I havent gotten a response to my email but its only been a couple of days. I hope I didnt overwhelm them.

Flower

• Jesika
    Jesika

I hope things work out for you and your brother (and his family).

Not dealing with the JW stuff and ignoring it makes the effects never go away or come out in other ways.

I hope he finds his own healing and can take control of his life.

Best wishes,

Jes

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Flower, what a great story to read this Saturday afternoon.

With coffee in hand, and perusing the forum, I come across your post, and I read it with great anticipation and eventually, happiness.

I too had a loss of relationship with my brothers (not JW related). So much gets convoluted, twisted, and misinterpretted, and those ridiculous barriers we put up around ourselves.

My brother's wedding last summer helped bring down all the walls and barriers. It was the first time we were all together at the same time in 22 years. Imagine that?

I am happy to read your post. It sounds like things are going to be OK. Just expect a few hiccups here and there in the relationship, and of course, you know where most of that is coming from, but at least he's talking...thank goodness.

I wish you the absolute best with regards to rekindling your relationship with your brother. I have a feeling, in time, you two will be inseperable.

Keep us posted, stories like this on the forum are upbeat and positive, and heaven knows we need a lot more of that lately.

3 Cheers to you Flower !!!

• SloBoy
    SloBoy

Flower......that's really good to hear, hope all works out well with your brother.

• sf
    sf

• Maverick
    Maverick

Dear Flower: It was nice of you to share your experience. I have seven brothers and sisters and two are Witnesses. The non-witness members are at a loss to understand what the problem is with the two! After I came to my senses the non-w's have been asking me to explain what is going on. I wish you the best, and much success with your brother! Maverick

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Flower:

Loved reading your story about your brother. Brought me to tears ... I have my own "passel" of brothers, and I adore each and every one of them. One of them is dead, and I regret not taking the the chance to have a close relationship with him then, still. <sob> I, too, have gotten close with one particular brother, slowly, over the last couple of years.. and it is such a blessing to at least be free to speak of things that you thought you would never be able to. Good luck with your brother, and cherish the relationship you can build, if you build one!

CG

• flower
    flower

CountryGirl Sorry to hear about your brother . I'm pretty worried about my brothers health. I hope its not too late for them to do something for him. He looks awful, gets exhausted easily and he was talking about pain in his chest. Not good.

Thanks Mav, Jes, sf,Sloboy, Razor..

• Francois
    Francois

Please let me second Eric Hoffer's "The True Believer." Every JW should be required to read this book. Actually, if this book was required reading in high school, there would be even fewer JWs than there are now.

francois

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

Just to say Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

This is a wonderful board where you know that you are speaking with people who really care, and understand how you are feeling.

I hope that your brother takes time to see a doctor, Mr NW, we thought had Lupus a couple of years ago, but it turned out to be Sarcoidosis, which is very similar, but with treatment and lots of love and care Mr NW is doing ok, so if your brother seeks medical help he will be able to cope, and realise that life does go on.

Our thoughts are with you.

Mrs Nightwarrior

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit