Did I turn my back on Jehovah's True Organization?

by sandy 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Sandy...please get a copy of Steve Hassan's book, Releasing the Bonds. It is very insightful about the psychology of leaving a high control organization and offers help for reaching those yet in these groups. Much of the book deals specifically with the JWs. I feel that after understanding why we have the feelings we do after leaving this organization and that this is a normal process, we are then better equipped to pursue the questions of "god or no god". Please get the book it is the single best book on the topic and is used by cult recovery councelors.

• AhHah
    AhHah

Hi Sandy,

I just posted a letter I wrote to my fleshly JW brother about why I left the Watchtower organization. Maybe some of my reasons for leaving will also help you to sort out your feelings. Please be assured that you are not alone and that there are persons you can reach out to for support.

AhHah

• berylblue
    berylblue
    So I pored my heart out to Jehovah and I asked him are you really even out there? Who am I praying to? Prove you exist. I went on and on and told him everything I was feeling. And right after I said Amen I felt this unbelievable feeling of relief and calmness. I could not believe it I was so amazed! Never in my life did I feel such a sigh of relief!

I am so glad for you, but this has never happened to me. I have prayed and prayed, but....nothing.

I just don't know what to do.

Beryl

• BadJerry
    BadJerry

Sandy, I use to think this was God's organization until I saw the cover up with the pedophile issue and logged on to silentlambs .org

I use to think this was God's organization until I read Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz in which thousands have died because of organizational decrees.

I use to think this was God's organization until I read and heard of how families are torn apart from the shunning issue, again being an organizational decree decided by a 2/3 vote. could you imagine Jesus ever shunning someone?

How could God approve of such disgusting things that go on with in.

remember Revelation: get out of her my people, that could very well apply to them.

I do pray, but I don't use the name Jehovah, simply because I could be misprouncing it. I pray through Jesus. He said anyone excersising faith in me will have everlasting life, I don't think it takes a man made organization to do that. Look at Abraham did he have such an organization?

from imanaliento logging on to hubbys ID

i just want to add one more thing Jerry was going to do a talk right before we left last year when he dug up this information about the gov. body it confirmed his feelings. its from the WT 3/1/79 page 23 which states:

however, it must be observed that this "faithful and discreet slave" was Never inspired, never perfect. Those writings by certain members of the "slave" class that came to form the Christian part of God's word were inspired and infallible, but that is Not True of other writings since.

meaning they have no more spiritual insight on them than you or I.

• berylblue
    berylblue
    I use to think this was God's organization until I read and heard of how families are torn apart from the shunning issue, again being an organizational decree decided by a 2/3 vote. could you imagine Jesus ever shunning someone

Badjerry, can you please tell me more about this?

Beryl

• BadJerry
    BadJerry

Berylblue, the 2/3 vote?

in crisis of conscience there is a chapter on how the GB arrives at it's decisions it's by a 2/3 vote. I do believe it's also in Ray's In Search of Christian Freedom. a lot of politics are played at the table and favoritism is shown, little scriptural research is done on a matter.

reading the context of the scripture they site as to shunning it was to be a matter of personal conscience to whether an individual does this or not. Having true love does not involve turning your emotions on or off when one follows a man made decree. Being in the borg and following their laws, It's as if there is a subtle erosion, little by little one relinquishing to others his God-given right to exercise his own conscience, to do his own thinking.

this is from imanaliento using Jerry ID because I can't log on using mine, Simon's mess.

• topanga
    topanga

you have not found it yet

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit