Did I turn my back on Jehovah's True Organization?

by sandy 46 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Loads of people have a good realtionship with religion without any sign, visable or otherwise of god.

Therefore I think it's possible to have a good realtionship with god without religion.

But you wouldn't know in any concrete fashion, unless you have a potted plant burst into flame or something.

If it makes you feel better, then great.

• nowisee
    nowisee

dear sandy,

the mistake jws (and many other adherents to various religions) have made is that they have given over their own responsibility to learn, to search, to pray, to question, to an organization or a leader, or someone who is only too willing to lead in a direction in opposition to the Word of God. we CAN'T rely on someone else to prove to us what is truth. we must search for ourselves, we have to keep asking, seeking, knocking. we can't just sit back and wait for divine guidance. we have to do as the bereans did, checking up on the apostle paul, "they received the message with great eagerness and examined the scriptures every day to see if what paul said was true." --acts l7:ll we have to, "test everything. hold on to the good." l thessalonians 5:2l

jws have given up their responsibility. they rely on what "the faithful and discreet slave" tells them to do. they believe blindly. when faced with a choice between bible or watchtower, they choose watchtower. this is absolutely wrong and contrary to what scripture tells to do.

we know there will be false prophets and wolves in sheeps clothing. so we cannot blindly accept what anyone tells us. we have to examine everything. you can't be lazy. it takes work and diligence. but if you do your part, the Lord will certainly do his. He will be there to help you.

my best to you, sandy. nowisee

• amen
    amen

Before I was a JW i did not believe in any organization, i really had a personnal relationship with God and I new the bible very well but not on doctrines. Well I got suck in into the JW. My time in the organization has not been lost totally i could see some good out of it which are for sure you don't need an organization to have a relationship with God. The JW think by coming into their organization only you will be save which is the opposite of what Jesus said '' Come through me '' not an organization. In fact the JW is blaspheming.

You see I'm about to leave this organization in only a few days and I know for sure the JW does not have the truth and does not have God blessings. They are a successfull company that's all, even that is changing.

I can say that I have a personal relationship with God and his son and i can see the difference of going directly to him not an organization. No organization has the monopoly on God. God is free for anyone who wants him.

Amen

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    So I pored my heart out to Jehovah and I asked him are you really even out there? Who am I praying to? Prove you exist. I went on and on and told him everything I was feeling. And right after I said Amen I felt this unbelievable feeling of relief and calmness. I could not believe it I was so amazed! Never in my life did I feel such a sigh of relief!

I've never been a JW, but I have had the very same experience you mentioned above, which certainly proves the scripture that God is no respecter of any one individual (or religion).

Answering your question, from my experience, NO... you did not turn your back on Jehovah's True Organization... there is so much more to God's awesome creation than some religions would like to narrowly box it in to.

• rocketman
    rocketman

With regard to the comment that was made about people who have prayed and then had the jws show up at their door soon after, I have two thoughts:

1. Because the jws do so much door-door witnessing, chance would dictate or allow that they would occasionally come across such people.

2. God could still in a sense use the jws, but not only them; he may use other religions as well.

In line with the second possibility, I think that others from other religions make a similar claim - they were praying, and lo and behold they somehow came across someone who was preaching that particular religion.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

There was a time when I want to see the truth and prayed so much. Then I got to find out the WTBS/JWs are nothing but a cult. I believe God answered my prayer and that he is the revealer of the truth.

I felt so relieved and happy. I have never been happier ever since.

Sandy and others who are going through the same situation,

The Bible says we shouldn't afraid of the false prophets and that they will be judged by Jehovah. WTBS/JW have made countless false prophecies and not to mention lies. (I just found out that my own jw mom was spreading lies about me to make WTBS look better. Can you believe that? And she had a nerve to tell me not to tell anyone about my true reasons for leaving the organization.)

Keep praying. He will let you see the light. And do not isolate yourself from your non-jw friends and family. If you need, ask them for help. Or visit local church. You'll be surprised how nice and kind other people are. This forum is also a great place to vent out and get help and advices.

Hang in there.

Love,

sunshineToo

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

All I want to add is that I think this is a natural question people ask themselves when they are going through a major change in beliefs. I remember asking myself the same question when I was leaving the Catholic Church to become JW. "Am I leaving the Church Christ founded???" IOW, "Am I leaving God's Organization?" Different words, same meaning.

• Francois
    Francois

I did what you describe you did. I did it twenty years ago. And I received the same kind of sense of peace, and along with it a sense that I was surrounded by a brilliant blue light. It was wunnerful. And I have kept that sense of peace absent membership in any kind of "organization."

I don't think God works through organizations. I think our relationship with him is direct and immediate. We don't need no stinking organization - to coin a phrase.

francois

• free will
    free will

regarding real life experiences... (when you asked god for help and jw's came)... you could use the same logic that jw's use when they hear of a catholic's - or other religion - spiritual experience. it was the demons shaping that moment - to make you think that god wanted you back in the organization...but beneath it all the demons got you to go away from god. too confusing?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

No you did not turn your back on the "true" organization. But I think that, deep down, you already know that. I choose to believe in God. I also choose to believe he knows who you are and what you are feeling and when you hurt he holds you tenderly with gentle affection. Realize the pain you are feeling now numbs your perception.

I've been where you are at and I am so sorry for what you are feeling. You sound so scared and lost and alone; only you're not. The only thing that makes the aloneness bearable is knowing that you are not alone. Attach yourself to the part of the world that grieves when you hurt and beams when you smile. It's hard, but let go of this fear. That's called a leap of faith.Let go let God.

You do deserve it. You will find what you're looking for.

Peace,

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit