Goofy's Introduction, hello

by goofy 33 Replies latest jw friends

• acsot
    acsot

Hey Goofy, glad you're here! I too tried to be super-dub, and at the same time was chronically depressed and guilt-ridden. Not really the right fruitage "the truth" is supposed to bear, right? So of course many of us felt as though we were to blame, when all along it was the brain-washing Watchtower organisation. Isn't it strange how we become "ourselves" when leaving or while on our way out of the borg? I find also that it is easier to talk to "worldly" people, many of the converations are more substantial and thought-provoking than the repetitive JW-speak that is sooo monotonous and brain-numbing.

Please let us know your views on the issues presented here, doctrinal or otherwise.

WELCOME!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, Goofy! Once you get your picture up, I will have to check I am not getting you confused with Onacruise! (I am sure you knew this all ready, lurking as you did for so long).

• topanga
    topanga

yipes! im studying now off and on. the more i get to know witnesses the more i hear these things.

i guess people join religions for all kinds of reasons . some dont want to be lonely, some are diagnosed with disease and want to make it right before they die, some like to debate, some want to understand the bible and some want the truth.

I ve heard people say they will brainwash me over and over so i learned about brainwashing yipes! i feel stronger because i can see em coming now! I understand that organizations have their own agendas but being free in christ means you are not bound to any temples or buildings or organization but where ever you go and whatever you do with your life keep christ in your heart. Never mind trying to join anything because you only end up serving men or conforming to the organizational image and way of living and forgetting all about god.

so be happy you are free, they will be jealous and try to attack your freedom. rediscover yourself and live.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

GOOFY: Welcome to the forum, and CHEERS to you too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit