Goofy's Introduction, hello

by goofy 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Prisca
    Prisca

((((Goofy))))

Hello and welcome to the board. Your story about your life as a JW is very similar to mine, except that I didn't get married. I almost did, to a JW, but I got out of that just in time, because I was on my way out anyway.

Isn't it great to be free of the Borg?

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Hello, goofy, and welcome!!! I'm glad you decided to start talking. We ARE an entertaining bunch, aren't we? I look forward to getting to know you better!

Love & hugs,

Nina

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Welcome goofy,

This place is very much a cyber

alt

JamesT

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Howdy Goofy!

Two years!? Well, I'm glad you finally decided to take the plunge. How did it feel posting? I know I was a nervous wreck the first couple of dozen times or so.

WELCOME!!

• nowisee
    nowisee

hi goofy, im pretty new here too. read your story and we have a LOT in common. i totally related to your stories of childhood and not fitting in at school. and...i totally related to your stories of adulthood and finding acceptance at a place like cheers.

i wish you well. i wish you the joy of many new friendships. may you find your way.

nowisee

• onacruse
    onacruse

Goofy, welcome!

I'll have you know: before Xenawarrior infested this board with the Smurfies, my avatar was a great pic of Goofy

I don't hate the Organisation or anyone in it.

For a long time I felt the same way. This last year my feelings have changed, in no small part because of the incredible amount of personal suffering that I've read about on this board...suffering and pain dispensed from the "loving" hands of God's chosen channel of truth and revelation Now: I hate nobody I personally know that's in the org, but I do hate the org.

Thanks for sharing your experience; I just shared back a little...sorry if I come across too strong.

Again, welcome

Craig

• myself
    myself

You lurked for almost two years? You are shy aren't you!?!

I enjoyed your post. I can relate to a lot of it.

Welcome!!!! ((((((Goofy)))))

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

WELCOME GOOFY!

I enjoyed your post, it must feel good to finally get your life back. Enjoy your visits to our little corner of the lounge.

onacruse said:

I'll have you know: before Xenawarrior infested this board with the Smurfies, my avatar was a great pic of Goofy

he,hee I married that Goofy guy! We met here and our lives outside of Dub-dum are wonderful!

Katie

• Maverick
    Maverick

Welcome Goofy: Glad to have shared your experience. I remember one day, planning out the things I had to do, and thinking ," I have to be home by 5PM to get ready for Book study", when a wave of melancholy overcame me. Just the thought of enduring another meeting set off a bout of mild depression! And I liked the Book Study best! That was it. I realized that when even the thought of going to a meeting set off feelings of dread I was never going back. I never did and they never came looking.

Enjoy your life and be true to yourself. I have found that when I am unhappy with me it is because I am not being true to my nature. I wish you peace, Maverick

• ISP
    ISP

Welcome to the board, hope you like it here and find some buddies!

ISP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit