BBC Programme Re. Contaminated Blood - Dub Blinkers

by BluesBrother 29 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

I can tell you...as a jw child with a serious bleeding disorder in NY in the heyday of the AIDS crisis...there were few moments in my life when I was more angry than at an ass-embly in the late 1980s when the dubbies said their blood policy was to protect jehoopla's one and only super special holy people from getting the virus...jehoopla knew all along and so did the wts.

In my head, I was like, OMG YOU F*(&)&()*& LIARS! They never predicted AIDS and their stupid blood teaching was never created because of the potential for bloodborne illnesses.

Think about it. Let's pretend the wts is or was concerned about dubs getting HIV. They would be advocating testing before having safe sex (even within marriage, if someone had a previous partner). They have never said that, have they?

I hate the wts for their dumb, boldface, unabashed lies and I hate the dubs who believe it when they know they're lies.

I remember that highly insulting moment very clearly. I remember what building I was in and what seat I was sitting in. I had difficulty staying seated and silent.

The subjects of the programme had received Factor Eight for Haemophilia . This serum was allowed by the WTS at the time (as a conscience matter) and ,of course still is today.

Actually, this is only partially true, in that this was their official position that they directly flip flopped about. But even when they said it's ok publicly, they actively preached against it from the platform and in private conferences with elders. At a bare minimum, only during the timeframes when they said it's ok, you would be publicly marked as bad association for doing it. When they said it's not ok, they privately said it is and didn't publish a retraction, leaving many of us victims of a policy they no longer believed in.

Tell that to your friend if you like, Blues Brother. :)

• Ruby456
    Ruby456
    OrphanCrow
    10 hours ago10 hours ago
    Ruby: i honestly think blood medicine will be replaced by other methods eventually

Can you expand on that? What do you mean by that? And....why do you think that?

certainly

firstly what I mean is that JWS won't compromise on this issue so it will be a good thing for them when blood transfusions are replaced by other medicine/methods. I think this will happen eventually because medicine seeks to acheive less and less risks in the medicines used even if those risks are very very low and even if so low as to be almost insignificant. In other words jws won't change the world will have to change. unfortunately they made blood transfusions taboo when it wasn't that popular - now they have to live with or die for their taboo. Taboos re blood go back a long long way in human memory - I mean a rule regarding blood will reach parts not open to rational or irrational thought it will just carry a charge that will act like a force

meanwhile here is what is being offered to those refusing or reacting badly to blood transfusion

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/206885-treatment

https://www.stgeorges.nhs.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Blood-transfusion-alternatives-_2_.pdf

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Ruby, you didn't answer the question I asked. I asked "why" do you think that 'blood medicine' will be replaced by 'other methods'? Why do you think that 'other methods' can replace the use of 'blood medicine'?

Are you not aware that non-blood medicine includes components of blood? That all PBM programs use blood fractions and blood components? That so-called 'artificial blood' is made from either human blood or bovine blood?

What I am interested in knowing is if you have information that you base your assertion on that leads you to believe that blood as a medical intervention will no longer be needed and that "blood medicine" will no longer be used. If you have that information, and you are not simply regurgitating the bloodless industry promise of a future where blood is replaced with a synthetically manufactured product, please do share your source.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

I did answer your question orphancrow - I told you very clearly what my reason was. I'm not answering from a jw perspective of course - I've no idea what is going on in synthetic blood medicine.

I just think that the practice of blood transfusion will one day be considered very old fashioned and hopefully that day will come sooner rather than later for JWS as there is very very little likelihood that they will ever change their views on this

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Ruby: I just think that ...

So. You just think that but you have nothing to back up why you think that. You don't know why you think that the practice of blood transfusion will one day be considered very old fashioned but you think that anyways.

Okay.

Just a pipe dream then. Nothing substantial.

You have nothing at all on which to base your fantasy of a future without blood medicine. You are just thinking it and then saying it. Your thoughts are unsubstantiated and you are just using words that sound good but mean nothing.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Ruby: I think this will happen eventually because medicine seeks to acheive less and less risks in the medicines used even if those risks are very very low and even if so low as to be almost insignificant

Yes. That is why blood transfusions have become safer and safer until now, a blood transfusion is the safest medical intervention available.

The pursuit of alternatives to blood transfusion has given the world alternatives that carry more risks than blood itself. MORE risks.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

I certainly wouldn't consider it a pipe dream at all - medicine has improved hugely during this century if you look back over the previous two centuries. But the point (that you are missing in your hurry to condemn my views to nothingness) is that Jehovahs witnesses are very very unlikely to compromise their position and it will take a change in the world outside and their use of blood for witnesses to not need to die because of refusing a blood transfusion.

but each to their own eh

edit: in fact I would even go so far as to suggest that there is more evidence for what I am saying than your strange conspiracy theories regarding some people in the medical establishment being in cahoots with Jehovahs witnesses

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

The one single industry that profited the most from the HIV/AIDS blood scandal was the bloodless industry (I know I have the source for this somewhere...). That is the industry that made the most money from contaminated blood.

And the opposite? What industry lost the most money?

This kinda thing often reminds me of the 1951 film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNYH5GOh9Rc

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Ruby: But the point (that you are missing in your hurry to condemn my views to nothingness) is that Jehovahs witnesses are very very unlikely to compromise their position and it will take a change in the world outside and their use of blood for witnesses to not need to die because of refusing a blood transfusion.

But that has nothing to do with whether or not blood medicine will be eventually considered "old fashioned". Just because JWs won't compromise does not lead to the conclusion that "blood medicine will be considered old fashioned".

Your conclusion does not lead logically from your premise.

You do not have anything to base your assertion on that blood medicine will eventually be replaced other than what you 'think' and what you think is simply based on your assumption that JWs will not compromise.

New flash - JWs have compromised and they will continue to compromise whenever the WTS (PBM) tells them to. JWs do use blood. Every time one of them enters a bloodless program, they are using blood components. So-called bloodless medicine is built on blood technology and it is medicine that relies heavily on blood component technology.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Ruby: your strange conspiracy theories regarding some people in the medical establishment being in cahoots with Jehovahs witnesses

My edit button is non-existent. Sorry that I missed your addition to your reply.

Conspiracy theory? How silly. Such a typical response to material you don't like or material that you don't have the where with all to look into.

Please, then, maybe you have a better explanation for the extraordinarily large numbers of Jehovah's Witnesses that work in the bloodless industry? What about the HLC members who climbed the bloodless ladder to world prominence in the PBM world? The JW doctor who wrote the textbook for BM? The bloodless centers that were established by JWs? etc etc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit