It’s started 🤦‍♀️

by MissDaSilva 15 Replies latest jw friends

• MissDaSilva
    MissDaSilva

I already have a friend who is trying to tell me that my mental health is causing my disillusionment with the Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Funny that a mental health therapist has told me my mental health issues are caused by being a Jehovah’s Witness.

I’m still not going back. Never will i submit to that coercion again.

• jhine
    jhine

Wow they really do a good job of mind control.

I suppose that your friend does mean well and believes what she says .

By that logic most of the world's population is mentally ill.

Jan from Tam.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

Whenever any jw tries to help you/lead you back into the cult just politely say 'Thank you very much for your help/advice."

It means nothing. They feel as if you are taking their advice and also stops any further attempts to coerce you.

If they do persist, just say "Once again, thank you very much for your advice."

When they report back and the elders ask what your attitude was like, they will have to say, "A good attitude, they even thanked me for my advice."

This hopefully will stop the elders beginning a full scale witch hunt against you, buying you more time to fade away..

(Just my advice on what has helped me totally fade without much bother for many years now.)

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

If you're ever contacted by any JW's (but especially elders) who try to get you to blab, put up a brick wall which they cannot overcome. Use the "elders conversation stoppers" in the link below, and keep yourself safe & calm.

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/181hur6/how_to_fade_safely/

• MissDaSilva
    MissDaSilva

Thank you for all your replies and support. 🙏💖

My Dad told me never to engage with terrorists. 😹

I’m going to ignore any calls or messages. Give them nothing to go on as it were.

Have a great Sunday.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

It is only a mattter of time before a JW condesendingly asks you if you need some help. Ask them if they are willing to mow your lawn.

Works everytime.

JW: Oh, MissDeSilva, I can see that you are struggling. Is there something I can help you with?

MissDeSilva: Actually there is. Could you help me mow my lawn?

Infinite Ramblings of April Compo: 2019

• Biahi
    Biahi

Good one, Sea Breeze. Or, you could ask for money. 😏

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Just stumbled across this new channel.

Wasn't sure where to post it. But anyway;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MVq1UAjSBA

• MissDaSilva
    MissDaSilva

Thanks guys 🙏

“Actually, I could do with a few extra quid to get some Christmas presents and some decent grub for Christmas dinner - how about getting your wallet out Brother Brown?” 😆

Has to be worth a shot at least.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

MissDeSilva, which is worse? your mental illness or my spiritual sickness? LOL don't they like to label us?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit