Here's a question that I guarantee no one has ever thought of!

by nowwhat? 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• waton
    waton
    JW doctrine explains that. God did not know Satan would sin, or Adam

fm, Yeah, wt has it, that the deity has selective foreknowledge, but is otherwise normally omniscient. with conveniently spotty amnesia. so

he providentially set up a suitably simple temptation, even a plan B, by having a cure-all, freely available, non forbidden Tree of Life in a central location available. nevertheless later

"he must have at least known"

that they would kill his son, if he send him down to be sacrificed, and then accept that value, when it was presented to him. so,

".he must have at least known" this novel concept:

As the deity, 1) he is demanding a ransom in the first place. 2) providing himself that ransom he demanded for himself in the first place, and 3 ) accepting the ransom, ...prior to pentecost... but having no foreknowledge of it?

the plot is not plausible, Frangly ranks with other monologues,

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    Obviously they kill him immediately, because he's too dangerous to be kept alive and ... wait, they don't?

You've obviously never seen a James Bond film. The baddies always keep the hero around long enough for him to hatch an escape plan.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

No, instead they let him grow it out, all gather to a structurally unsound building and pull him in to stand at its weak point and he kills the lot of them

Can't have enough of laughter emojis, say Mumbaikars - Times of India

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

The witnesses will answer: Those Wicked Angels care nothing for anyone else. They are far to selfish to care about their children.

More to the point: Why did God create this giant flood killing all humanity, saving one family to start over.....yet this same family are still 'fallen'. They still carrying the same propensity to 'sin' the humans he's just killed had. So a fresh start for humanity.....whatever could go wrong???

Unless the flood happened to really kill the nephalim. In which case this 'loving' God of 'justice' was both unloving and unjust, by murdering millions of innocent people & animals.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost
    The witnesses will answer: Those Wicked Angels care nothing for anyone else. They are far to selfish to care about their children.

But...but....but....

I heard from "good JWs" that the reason Halloween exists is that it's the day that the demons mourn their nephilim children who perished in the flood (some bright-bulb JW apparently calculated that the flood started on November 1), and so they terrorize humanity because....well....the explanation sort of breaks down there, but it's definitely because that's the day the nephilim died!

This is all bible based (TM).

• contramundum
    contramundum

@NonCoinCollector.

I have just watched your Noah videos and I'm still chuckling. Pure genius πŸ˜‚

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

More to the point: Why did God create this giant flood killing all humanity, saving one family to start over.....yet this same family are still 'fallen'

Indeed, it didn't take long for Noah to grow grapes, make wine, and get drunk. He stripped off his clothes and passed out. So who committed the real sin?

His son, who saw his father naked and reported this to his brothers. LOL

• Abraham1
    Abraham1

Interestingly, in Gospel of Barnabas [which was considered as an authentic Gospel till 3rd CE], this parable is slightly different:

"Again spoke Jesus, saying: "I set before you an example. There was A HOUSEHOLDER WHO PLANTED A VINEYARD, and made a hedge for it in order that it should not be trampled down of beasts. And in the midst of it he built a press for the wine, and thereupon let it out to husbandman. Whereupon, when the time was come to collect the wine he sent his servants; whom when the husbandman saw, they stoned some and burned some, and others they ripped open with a knife. And this they did many times. Tell me, what will the lord of the vineyard do to the husbandmen"

Every one answered: "In evil wise will he make them to perish, and his vineyard will he give to other husbandman." Therefore said Jesus: "Know you not that the vineyard is the House of Israel, and the husbandman are the people of Judah and Jerusalem? Woe to you; for God is wroth with you, having ripped open so many prophets of God; so that at the time of Ahab ;there was not found one to bury the holy ones of God!" And when he had said this the chief priests wished to seize him, but they feared the common people, which magnified him. (Gospel of Barnabas, Chapter 46)

The concept found in Mathew 21:37 that 'I will send my son, and they will surely respect him" is a later adoption.

Another interesting fact is that in this Gospel, Jesus us shown as who the 144000 real are. They are the total number of all prophets that have ever been sent by God on to this earth. (Chapter 17)
  • Magnum
    Magnum

Fisherman, the org has said in the past that illustrations should fit in every detail.

See this point from the Theocratic Ministry School Guidebook:

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    • Indeed, it didn't take long for Noah to grow grapes, make wine, and get drunk. He stripped off his clothes and passed out. So who committed the real sin?
      His son, who saw his father naked and reported this to his brothers. LOL

• Have you guys still not figured out the answer yet? - from gross unfairness to logical inconsistencies and plain weird Ass-ery!

• .......according to Jehovah's witnesses, whoever's the BOSS is always RIGHT, always makes perfect sense and is a damnably fine looking* specimen, too!

• *See JESUS W 6/17 "Jesus’ was a well formed man" with "a sturdy build.... a strong and powerful man"πŸ’ͺπŸ¦΅πŸ€ΈπŸ‹οΈπŸƒ with "warm countenance, appealing demeanor (which) must have made this invitation particularly attractive"! 😜😁

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit