Here's a question that I guarantee no one has ever thought of!

by nowwhat? 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Yesterday I was telling a co-worker that though being obedient often has many benefits, it is over rated. I mention that the WTS stresses obedience, obedience, obedience! They stress obedience to the GB and the WTS, to one's labor union (if any) at work, to one's governments (including not even participating in protest marches against injustices by one's government(s) and including not speaking out against one's government or governments), to one's employer (including not starting a labor union at work), to ones husband (in the case of married women), and to one's parents.I told my co-worker that our nation (the USA) was founded by being rebellious towards an unjust ruler (the one who was the king of England at the time).

To the WTS it doesn't matter if any of ones authority figures are in error and requiring one to do foolish things if they are doing bad things to you, do what ever they say proving they aren't telling to break a law of Jehovah (as defined by the GB and WTS)! That teaching of the WTS is wrong and it annoys me greatly!

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

The Bible writers of those days herded sheep and smoke alot of stuff. Who knows the craziness that they experienced of their time.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW
    The WTS teaches that All Souls' Day, if not not also Halloween, was created by people in honor of their ancestors who died in the flood. But here is the thing. According to the WT the only people to survive the flood were Noah and his family, all who were deemed by LORD Jehovah GOD Almighty to be worthy of saving, and thus if the WTS is correct (hypothetically speaking) there were no ungodly people left to start those pagan holidays to mourn their ancestors who died in the flood!If The WT is correct none of the ancestors of the flood were ancestors of the people LORD Jehovah GOD Almighty destroyed at the flood, unless possibly they were ancestors of Noah's wife and/or the wives of Noah's four sons (since the Bible does not name the immediate ancestors of those women).
  • Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Correction: My second to last post instead of saying "...to do foolish things if they are doing bad things to you, do what ever they say proving they aren't telling to break a law ..." should have said "... to do foolish things or even if they are doing bad things to you, the WTS says to do what ever the authorities say to do provided they aren't saying to break a law ...". I had some other typos also but I hope you recognized what I meant despite those.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

How do we know they didn't try and build a similar ark vessel? If they did try, Jehovah would have frustrated their efforts anyway...to ensure their destruction..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit