Thanks For being helpful

by Jrjw 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• cha ching
    cha ching

Maybe it wasn't what you wrote here...

Maybe it was someone who had access to your phone or browser history? That would do it!

• steve2
    steve2

I am not acquainted with your post-history Jrjw during the time you've been on this forum - but, even though you've already been "caught", I'll repeat what I have said so many times beforehand for all others' sake:

NEVER EVER DIVULGE YOUR OWN OR OTHERS PERSONAL DETAILS ON THIS FORUM THAT COULD LEAD TO YOUR BEING IDENTIFIED AND REPORTED TO ELDERS. NEVER.

There is obviously anonymity in posting on this forum - except when people identify where they live and use their own and others names and even name their congregation. Very unwise.

I am sorry that you were outed by someone who visits this forum. If that ever happened to me I would be very angry and upset - but I have endeavoured over the years to be sparing about personal details.

• Incognito
    Incognito

Too bad that you were outed but in all fairness, you did leave enough breadcrumbs that wouldn't be difficult to follow, especially for JWs in your area.

Unless you provided untrue information, not only did you reveal the general area where you lived previously, but also the area you relocated to as well as the moving date and background of your new landlord. You discussed the ages and genders of your children, your own age and the status and background of your marriage, your husband's relationship history and when you first became a JW.

Remember, this is a public forum which anyone can easily register an account to access restricted areas, even if they don't plan to ever post.

It's great that being outed works-out for you and your children.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Steve gives good advice on not divulging personal details.

Incognito shows how you outed yourself.

I'm here to tell you that soon none of that will matter to you, and it can also not matter to others here. Disassociate, leave them behind, and you are free to post anything you want anywhere you want. You're close to that jrjw, so close. Soon you will be free. I get that others may not be able to for family reasons, but if you can, it's the most freeing thing you can do.

• CovertsadJW
    CovertsadJW

Someday I too will be 100% free

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

Covertsadjw - the sooner the better!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit