Anthony Moriss nervous breakdowns and Bethel stress!

by Witness 007 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

So Karl Klien of the Governing body gave his life story in the Watchtower talking about his stress, nervous breakdowns and pressure to take the lead. It was aweful. Maybe Anthony had the same problem.

• Magnum
    Magnum

I skimmed through that old thread about Karl Klein. It was interesting; I want to read it completely later.

Maybe Anthony had the same problem.

Interesting, but I don't really see evidence of that. He seemed overconfident, too sure of himself; in fact, he seemed downright satisfied and arrogant. He seemed to love his position and to revel in it.

I'm leaning more towards something alcohol related and/or his being a loose canon and going off script too much and contributing to the waking up of the drones.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

It's often been related by others, that many waking-up over the last 17 or 18 years is the byproduct of AM3 spouting-off too much. The Borg could be it's worst enemy. With the likes of AM3 going off script too much and saying nonsense about tight pants and people burning like hot dogs.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I could be wrong, but Morris doesn't strike me as someone who suffers from anything (other than liver disease from all the alcohol). He strikes me as someone who loves to hear the sound of his own voice.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Yeah. AM3 was all about scaring and putting an element of fear into people. Or just making them feel bad.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    w007 - Maybe Anthony had the same problem.

I shouldn't think so.

He's always too drunk, staggering around and slurring his words to even notice.

His problem is hubris.

• Splash
    Splash

Yes, it must be very stressful reflecting on all those destroyed lives you've caused.

However, that requires a conscience so probably not that at all.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    it must be very stressful reflecting on all those destroyed lives you've caused.
    However, that requires a conscience so probably not that at all.

Well. If he starts attending AA they'll force him to get one....and right fast!!

One of the first "steps" after admitting you've got a drink problem is listing off all the "harms" you've caused🤔... I should think Toni's sponsor is going to have his work cut out!!!😬

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Yes, I'm guessing he had a mental breakdown. The booze wasn't as effective anymore masking the cognitive dissonance. Perhaps because he was forced to detox at the threat of disfellowship.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''Perhaps because he was forced to detox at the threat of disfellowship. ''

And that thought of giving-up such a pampered, sheltered lifestyle would drive him to depression. The thought of being outed from the Borg.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit