I thought this would be "obvious", but apparently ...

by Simon 13 Replies latest forum announcements

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

I may well be suffering from TDS, and be too dumb to notice the lies, but I’m not that dumb to even think of considering injecting disinfectant - that’s utter lunacy. Just as closing down the task force would have been - I understand he announced he’d changed his mind the following day via his favourite channel of communication. Or was all that fake news, it’s so hard to tell over here with our biased and lying media. I know UV light can destroy viruses on a surface, but what evidence is there that it can be effective once the virus is inside the body?

• Simon
    Simon
    I may well be suffering from TDS

The evidence is compelling

I’m not that dumb to even think of considering injecting disinfectant - that’s utter lunacy

The media were keen to promote it. What does that say about them?

I know UV light can destroy viruses on a surface, but what evidence is there that it can be effective once the virus is inside the body?

That's where the company doing clinical trials comes in. The kicker: the leftists in the media tried to remove the press releases / articles about the company doing the UV light work, because what matters more than people coming up with cures and treatments is to "make orange-man look bad".

The media really are the enemy of the people.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

The media certainly cops plenty of flak, coming from both directions!

It depends mainly on ones own point of view and that of the particular newspaper or TV channel - which can range anywhere from Fox News through to the local "Red Rag", and all points in between. Much like works about history, a lot depends on whose side the writer is on. The trick is to be aware of the biases of the individual writer (or commentator), and read the passage of writing though those lenses.

Of a particular problem is the matter of the half-truth. Just because a piece of reporting contained an error (whether it was an obvious one , or a more sublte and deliberate untruth) doesn't necessarily mean there wasn't also an element of truth in it. An example of this that many of us would be familiar with is the reaction of the typical JW to any criticism of the religion. Just one error in detail is enough to make the typical JW conclude the rest is also wrong.

Very, very often the reality is much more complicated than just "good guys wear white hats / bad guys wear black hats". There is one hell of a lot of headgear in use around the place that comes in various shades of grey!

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

So it's confirmed, not only am I mentally diseased, I am evidently also suffering with a syndrome. Oh well, I understand it’s not fatal so I’ll just have to live with it.

The media were keen to promote it. What does that say about them?

I’m not sure what you mean by promote, but if you mean highlight, emphasize and ridicule, then it tells me they’re doing their job. If Boris Johnson made such a crass statement, I'm sure the UK media would pillory him. But what does it say about someone who calls another person highlighting it a “Typical TDS sufferer, repeating a false narrative” claiming that “it’s no different to a … hoax”? Oh, and I thought we weren’t allowed to use the words “orange-man” here, but I guess it’s OK if we put it in quotes. I have never called Donald “orange-man” myself, I think that’s far too complimentary.

The media really are the enemy of the people.

I disagree, I believe the likes of Cambridge Analytica are the real enemies of the people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit