Hello from the UK

by KIMSILVIO 32 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Where in the Midlands are you? Without being too specific

Err… the Midlands perhaps. 😜

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

oi spaeek fluent Berbiggub--i was born and growed up there.

• jhine
    jhine

I have to disagree Punky . Looking at the State of America right now Blighty is wonderful.

Compared to many countries we are Paradise. We have roofs over our heads , food every day , education and healthcare. Millions can only dream of that .

Yes we have our problems , every country does but l don't think that ours are as bad as many .

Jan

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

half the world we migrate to the UK if they could.

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    Where in the Midlands are you? Without being too specific.

Stoke-on-trent at the moment

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    half the world we migrate to the UK if they could.

MEEEEEEE!!!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Jan - Disagreement is fine. I'm not interested in America to be fair. I don't intend ever going there. I'm sick of their bloody TV shows as it is. Are they all heavily medicated and mental in Hollywood?

It seems to me that the UK is broken. The NHS is dying. The Police are broken. the Government is broken.

Comparing to other countries is fine. Some are worse but lots are much better.

We all have our views. There are conversations to be had, I'm sure. At this stage I will agree to disagree with your agreeing to disagree in a non disagreeable manner.

Try walking through Peterborough in the late hours without a stab-vest on. It's a bit stabby and robby. You won't hear about it in the news because it's too frequent and the police are beyond useless. Go up town during the day to be accosted by Crack zombies, fake homeless and duvet people. Actually, don't.

Is Tamworth any better? I've been there 3 times for an ex jobo reunion.

I gave a duvet person a fiver the other day. A bloke said, 'he's only going to buy drugs and booze with it.'

I replied, 'what do you think I was going to do with it?'

Stan - half the world we migrate to the UK if they could

They're already here with many illegals scrounging off us.

Where would I prefer to be?

Canada, Ontario perhaps.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Hi Kim - enjoy your time in the UK.

I live in Bolton, near Manchester.

What cities/towns do you plan to visit?

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    punkofnice: Are they all heavily medicated and mental in Hollywood?

Yes, but that has always ever been the case.

I no longer live in a big city, so I am not exposed to the worst of humanity on a daily basis anymore. As for today versus the past, I grew up in the Bronx in the 1970s and 1980s, during a time when New York City was in something of a death spiral. Even today, I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as it was back then.

Things here can certainly get worse, and we have the capacity for it. But I'm pretty happy with my situation today.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Ah. As it used to be called 'smoke on Trent' because of the smoke from the pottery chimneys.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit