Hello from the UK

by KIMSILVIO 32 Replies latest jw friends

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO

I am still on my holiday around the UK and currently am in the midlands if anyone is around I’d love to catch up - hope you are all well xx

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Hi Kim.

I hope you enjoy the tour of our hell-hole of a broken country. There are some spectacular places and grotty run down cities.

Don't get robbed or stabbed in Birmingham or Derby.

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO

Hi, thank you, I love your “hell-hole of a broken country”. I do agree that your train system is broken at the moment - it’s not playing nice but what can you do. I survived Birmingham a few weeks back lol and derby isn’t on my list of places to visit so hopefully I’ll be ok 😂

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Punk, I thought you were in Canada! What happened?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Vandy. My daughter lives in Canada and I visit from time to time. Ontario. Love the place.

I am still based in Cambridgeshire here in the hell-hole UK.

This country really has gone down the toilet in the last few years. It really has!

I'm not sure what my fellow Englanders think.

• BettyHumpter
    BettyHumpter

@punkofnice

Old people always think their country is going to hell. Many elderly people here in the US look back on the 1950's through a fog of nostalgia as a time when the country was 'great'. But I would bet that my great grandfather who was IN his 50's and 60's in the 1950's would have said the country was going to hell compared to the 1920's when he was a young man. And HIS father probably would have complained the country was going to hell in the 1920's and the country was great in the glorious 1890's.

I'm beginning to see it happen with some of my friends lately as well. Except for them it's the 1990's that were some golden age. It's the way of things.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i'm in the UK---( Isle of Wight )-and wouldnt want to live anywhere else.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BETTY HUMPTER:

Sorry to disagree, but sometimes things actually WERE better in the ‘old’ days.

PUNKOFNICE:

I visited the UK in the 1970s and it certainly WAS better all around. I even have a photo of the prime minister’s residence (before the days of terrorism and all this other sh#t) when you could actually walk up to the place. There might have been one policeman standing outside but that was it.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Humpy - Old people

We know stuff.

Stan - I'm told Vectis isn't a crap hole yet.

Longy - The 70's in the UK had it's problems but nothing like now. We have been 'culturally enriched' with more illegal immigrants arriving each day from Albania (which isn't war torn), bringing new types of crime. The UK Government turn a blind eye and couldn't care less. They remind me of WBT$ leaders because they live in luxury and are feathering their own nests at the expense of the working class.

There might have been one policeman standing outside but that was it.

UK police are now a useless disgrace. They dress up in rainbow flags, take the knee to BLM, paint their cars in rainbow colours, dance the Macarena and do the bare minimum to tackle real crime.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Where in the Midlands are you? Without being too specific.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit