Is There a Higher Conscious

by LetTheTruthBeKnown 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

There is a higher consciousness. Higher... and higher...

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

John 1:1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

• LV101
    LV101

Anna Marina - refresh NWT for me - did it say 'and the Word was a god' (lower caps)? I know translation was different than my Bible/Baptist Church (childhood).

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Humans have a higher level of consciousness than animals. Animals do not seems to comprehend, understand, or show they are aware of the displays of human higher consciousness. It would seem logical that if there were a level of consciousness higher than that of humans we humans would not be able to comprehend or understand it.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

LV101 - I am not going to quibble Trinity - bottom line - what values does a person live by? For me Jesus gets the massive thumbs up. The values of Jesus Christ are all good and it was he who did not sin and that which sin was, was revealed by the Mosaic Law.

• cofty
    cofty
    The values of Jesus Christ are all good - Anna M

Yahweh of the Old Testament was the 'god and father' of Jesus. Jesus did not do a single thing of his own initiative but only as he heard from the father.

Yahweh prescribed genocide, kidnap, rape, slavery and the mass murder of infants.

How could Jesus - who never once condemned slavery - have values that were 'all good'? I am more moral and ethical than Jesus and his god and - I trust - so are you.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yes I think so. The world makes more sense if we assume that consciousness is basic, not matter. Materialism is the current orthodoxy, but there is nothing that logically means matter is fundamental rather than consciousness. It’s just an assumption. In fact the better arguments seem to support consciousness being fundamental. Check out Donald Hoffman—very interesting stuff.

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

Can we honesty say the laws of nature have an inherent conscious ?

Humans appear to have a higher level of consciousness over most animals due to are brain size, it even avails us to imagine who or how the world was created to all of which we see and experience.

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

John 1:1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

.......but the word(s) came from men, should we always place faith and trust in the words of men even if they say the word(s) are from god ?

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Well Crofty not sure what you mean by moral. Maybe you are using a bit of semantic shift there. When I use the term moral, I mean, moral as in Christian morality. By that standard, no I am not more moral that Jesus and I am certain you aren't either. But just like the Watchtower you have your way of life and your opinion.

I assume you have read the Bible or parts of it. Jehovah would never approve that which is harmful to those who love him and their fellow man. But just as a liar can frame an innocent man, so it is possible to frame the True God.

God has to stand up to liars and Jesus expressed the truth.

And Finkel - I get the impression you know enough about the Bible to make your own mind up on that one. My view, Jesus' words always prove to be the best source of guidance. Best to read his words yourself, think about them and apply them to your own situation. Given their success I have confidence that John 1:1 is true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit