Edward Dunlap recording

by Geoff 26 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

BX

In our congregation, some ones were sickly. Nobody came 'round to visit, so the sickly one called the C.O. and complained "make them love me... So, he did. He got together with the elders and at the meeting he directed that the body should choose somebody to "love" this sister. The ones chosen then had to go to the home of the sickly ones and ccok/clean, whatever... and then make a detailed written report to the elders. Now how's that for love!

Legislated love.

#########

YOU ARE CORRECT

it is the Defining of "works" THAT PRESENTS THE PROBLEM

it is a known fact that when it is decided by the org that you can counttime by studying with a person deemed by the elders to be weak that one will get visits all the time cause the jw can count the time

but when they have to stop by own their own with no time being counted very few visit result

i like the way you put it it is "Legislated love"

great post

James

The Freedom to Think means:

"I'd rather have Questions that I can't Answer ----Than Questions, I can't Ask.

(or Answers that I can't Question)."

• JT
    JT

Geoff-What good works did the 'evil doer' perform?
    You only need to give me one

########

excellent question posed

the orginal explanation of the wt dealt with ones heart motivation when it came to works or sared service

but being that you can't quantify or count seeing the sick , teaching your kids, being a good husband

it was neccesary to have in place a system that the WT could measure folks spirituallity

and we all know that the Pub record is ones measure of spirituality

in rays book he spoke of all the Bethel heavies many of them still at bethel and in key position who had serious problems with not the COUNTING OF TIME but the way the info from the time counting was used

as welll all know the fact that time is counted is really not the problem, personally i thought it was great to hear those numbers

the problem was is what was implied by those numbers

sister jones 3 hours-- don't love jah as much as siste smith with 18hours since she is below the NATIONAL LEVEL

now that is a phrase that I'm sure the apostles used all the time

HE IS BELOW THE NATIONAL AVG

JAMES

The Freedom to Think means:

"I'd rather have Questions that I can't Answer ----Than Questions, I can't Ask.

(or Answers that I can't Question)."

james

• Tanalyst
    Tanalyst

JT says,"What we have seen is not Food from God but merely the opinion of a group of guys sitting around a table"

I have to disagree,I think they throw darts at the dartboard as to discern what beliefs they'll believe each month.

Don Adams was my newboy instructor at bethel,he was shocked to find out I counted time when "pioneering" building a hall pre-quick builts in mid-70's.He had never heard of that.But the PO told me to.

Gal.6:4"But let each one prove what his own work is, and then he will have cause for exaultation in regard to himself alone, and not in COMPARISON with the other person."

Looks like computing a national average is sin.

• JT
    JT

tanalyst says:

I have to disagree,I think they throw darts at the dartboard as to discern what beliefs they'll believe each month.

################

you are one sick puppy BUT I LOVED THAT POST

S,ILE
    GREAT POST MAN

WHEN WERE YOU AT THE BIG HOUSE i was up during most of the 80's

good to see more guys from the house gettting out

james

i was up in Harlem where were you

james

• Tanalyst
    Tanalyst

JT
    74-79. was in Bed-Stev,Brooklyn then Williamsburg.

On another thread you asked me if I knew black guys in service & writing -no But i saw him walking by 107 at least the guy in service.Are they still there?

Where did you work? how long were you there?

• JT
    JT

tanalyst

i worked in the bindery and later on in contruction with all the new buildings that were going up

360- bossert- standish- 30 story tower over by the factory- we were all over the place

do you recall the guys robert rivers- jim roundtree- alexander lamar
    or rob simmons

james

• Tanalyst
    Tanalyst

jt
    heard the name jim roundtree but don't recall meeting him or knowing the rest of the names

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit