I just don't have the lies to give...

by Captain Schmideo2 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2

A friend of mine (a JW) delivered a premature baby, and the outlook is grim.

She is posting updates on Facebook, and where everyone else is offering prayers for them both, and how "Jehovah loves them both very much", and I got...nothing. Nothing that would be comforting. Big man in the sky has zero to do with this, only medical science and chance will have any bearing on this.

I wish I could lie convincingly to her and to myself and have something nice to say.

Sigh.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence
    I'm sorry to hear about the baby. How could a loving god allow children to suffer? Perhaps just say to your friend: "Hey, if there is anything that you need, please let me know".
  • pbrow
    pbrow

In reality, those friends really have nothing to say. Jehovah loves both of you is essentially saying nothing. All you have to offer is you. Offer yourself in any way you feel able to.

At the end of the day what more can any of us offer other then ourselves.

pbrow

• freddo
    freddo

"Thank goodness we live in a place/country where highly skilled and good hearted doctors and nurses will use all the resources available to do everything they can for your baby (use name). I really am rooting for you guys and fervently hope that she/he pulls through."

• John Free
    John Free

The stall selling comforting lies will always be busier than the stall selling uncomfortable truth.

• John Free
  • Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2

freddo- Thanks. That's a good one to use.

Even in the US.

• corruptgirl
    corruptgirl

I know exactly how you feel... I started following this wonderful couple on Instagram who recently lost their baby boy to cancer... And while everyone is always commenting how they r praying for them and how her baby is now a beautiful angel in heaven, walking with jesus.... I just tell her that I'm sending her lots of love and hugs. Now when they post about how much they miss him... i tell them how he will always be with them and in a way I believe it.... Because his memory will always be with them. Just try to find a way to send encouraging words without lying. 😉

• zeb
    zeb

Arrive with a big bag of fresh fruit (there is a body here that is healing as well) and bright flowers. I have a long time mate who is recently become seriously ill and there is nought to be done but these simple things.

Take a queue from the good Samaritan. He just helped didn't go into an theo**** something discussion.

• rebel8
    rebel8

+1 for the fresh fruit, and if I could like freddo's comment more than once, I would. I said a similar thing in a similar situation recently.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit