Convention 2019: Children told don't form emotional attachment to pets!

by Nathan R. Koppe 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i recall--from my early teens--mom was giving a bible study to a woman neighbour, who's cat had recently been run over in the street. the subject of the resurrection came up--and mom told her animals wont be resurrected.

end of yet another bible study---lol.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Whats the reason to love and care for pets when you can love Jehovah and give what he needs to carry out his will and purpose, such as distributing his personal sanctioned literature and money to print that literature ?

Spending money that could be given to Jah's earthly organization is that not showing devoted loyalty ?

• DomineIvimus-DI
    DomineIvimus-DI

I remember a circuit assembly back in the 80s where we were told not to allow our pets to sleep on our beds with us. Lots of upset faces after that item. Years later a brother described our dogs like a “millstone round our necks...”

• DomineIvimus-DI
    DomineIvimus-DI

The only reason we have feeling for animals is that we were created that way

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Why does JW.borg always have to bring up animals “licking their sexual and anal areas” ?

Well one fine Sunday ToMo and Fat Sanderson were sitting out front of Warwick quaffing a few Macallans when they spotted a dog licking his balls. Fat Sanderson asked ToMo, "I'll bet you wish you could do that!" ToMo replied, "I sure do. But I'm afraid if I tried to that damned dog would bite me!"

(Sorry if that offends anyone. Feel free to delete it if it does.)

• just fine
    just fine
    This is getting ridiculous - especially because it was aimed at the kids. Isn’t their life already bad enough with everything they can’t do, friends they can’t have, etc. They want the kids ice cream money and now don’t be attached to their animals. 🤦‍♀️
  • waton
    waton

After the 1975 debacle, did wt writers not use the "unconditional loyalty of dogs" example to shame those that left for good and for good reasons?

reminders of the song: "Teacher's pet"

• Maryo
    Maryo

This way the children won't be too disappointed when there is new light that they will not have lions and tigers and other animals for pets in the New System – that it was all a mistake.

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

Maybe I should use this as an opportunity to get rid of two dogs I don’t want. Then I’ll just blame the cult leaders . Talk about going beyond scripture!!

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse
    Room 215

Only the pigs that run the place!

Oh yes, the pigs that are more equal than others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit