Convention 2019: Children told don't form emotional attachment to pets!

by Nathan R. Koppe 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nathan R. Koppe
    Nathan R. Koppe

I have just heard from a visitor to the Jehovah's Witnesses Convention for 2019, that they have been told;
    'not to form an emotional attachment to their pets, as animals don't have feelings anyway'.

Well, that should break a few children hearts!👨‍👩‍👧‍👦 🥴 😭 💔

My orignal topics are at

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/btp4zn/convention_2019_children_told_dont_form_emotional/

and on my page at https://www.facebook.com/NRKoppe/posts/1864759166957023?comment_id=1865102950255978¬if_id=1558997666507026¬if_t=feed_comment

Further info:

This information is from a very reliable friend in the US whom has visited the convention.
    I am trying to get hold of talk outlines and/or video.
    However, I have received further confirmations in the places where I have posted this.
    I have not posted this to my Watchtower / JW.org Facts & Resources page yet until I have ‘evidence’. 

However, this information is already much in line with what JW .org already say about animals we look after or keep as pets, namely;
    “When humans attempt to elevate animals to a human level they are, in fact, degrading themselves, not keeping the dignified, superior position in which God originally placed man. At the same time they are putting the animals in a relationship that is “out of place” with God’s purpose, in an “unnatural” one with man.” And “. If we are willing to make the effort to find such, we need never be lonely or commit the error of turning to animals to receive what only humans [or God] can give."

➡️ All I can say, it’s all about emotional detachment, to everything you love and care for, much like how the org brainwash you into ‘shunning’. When the time comes ‘important choices’ have to be made in the future, you will have no emotions about leaving everything you have loved behind when… [ fill the blanc in yourself!   ] ⬅️

➡️ Here are various more articles on the subject of animals (as pets) and how they should be viewed;

Because humans were created “in God’s image,” we are unique in how we display godly qualities, such as wisdom, justice, and love. Humans also have an innate capacity for morality and spirituality. Animals lack such human abilities because they were not created “in God’s image.” They are inferior and not intended to be treated in the same way as humans are.
    (https://www.jw.org/.../publ.../magazines/g201504/animals/...)

“There is no mention in the Bible of a pet heaven or dog heaven—and for good reason. Animals cannot take the steps needed to qualify for “the heavenly calling.”
    (https://www.jw.org/.../questions/do-animals-go-to-heaven/...)

“Moreover, the Bible compares those unworthy of a resurrection to the “unreasoning animals [that are] born naturally to be caught and destroyed.”
    “some people’s concern for pets takes precedence over even more important considerations. In fact, when affection for animals is not controlled by reasonableness, the life of pets can seem even more important than that of humans.”
    https://www.jw.org/.../Pets-Keep-a-Balanced-View-of-Them/...

“When affection for animals is not controlled by reasonableness, pets can seem even more important than human life.”
    “Yes, reasonableness is needed. Otherwise a person might gradually allow animals to occupy an increasingly important place in his life and affections. As we have seen, this can and does happen. Whereas at first a person might think that it would be pleasant to have a pet around the home, without reasonableness being manifested he could get to the point of spending inordinate amounts of money, time and attention on the pet. Or, even though he is a clean person, he might come to permit himself to be “kissed” by a pet that had recently been licking its sexual and anal areas or eating something unsanitary.”
    “Also, a person ought to evaluate his intention in regard to a pet. Is it a matter of settling on the affection or companionship of an animal as a substitute for obtaining such from humans? In his book Tiere Sind Ganz Anders (Animals Are Quite Different), Hans Bauer observed: “It is altogether unreasonable to ‘fly to the animal world’ because one is ‘disappointed’ by men.” He went on to mention how sad it is for someone to ‘bestow his affections on a dog or a cat in the hope of discovering in an animal what he has failed to find among his own species’ when an animal’s “whole nature prevents it from ever giving” this to him.”
    “As enjoyable, devoted, instructive, amusing or interesting as animals might be, God never purposed that they be a substitute for humans. Do we appreciate this? If so, it will enhance our enjoyment of animals, for we will see them in the proper light and hold them in the place that God purposed for them.”
    https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/101976044?q=pets&p=par

“If we are concerned about pleasing God in our lives, there is need for caution with regard to the pets we may have. We may note that a wrong attitude toward the animal creation was involved in the first woman’s fall into rebellion against God. She let herself be swayed by words appearing to come from the mouth of a serpent, a creature instinctively “cautious,” yet still an ‘unreasoning animal.”
    “Throughout the centuries since, false worship has often involved a wrong view of animal creation. Crocodiles, baboons and bulls have been kept in temples, there being bathed, perfumed and fed the finest of foods, while humans in the same area lived in wretched conditions with hunger. Mighty nations have taken a certain animal or bird as the proud symbol of their government and people, jealously venerating that animalistic symbol.”
    “When humans attempt to elevate animals to a human level they are, in fact, degrading themselves, not keeping the dignified, superior position in which God originally placed man. At the same time they are putting the animals in a relationship that is “out of place” with God’s purpose, in an “unnatural” one with man.”
    “animals were for the service of man, never the other way around.”
    “The apostle Peter, in fact, speaks of the unreasoning animals as “born naturally to be caught and destroyed.’’

Death of Pets (https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/101972481?q=pets&p=par)
    “It is only natural that a creature, be it a dog, a horse, or any other animal, that has provided some measure of companionship over a period of years, will be missed by its owner when it dies. But here again there is need to keep a balanced view.”
    “In various parts of the earth one can find “pet cemeteries,” with gravestones and epitaphs over the burial sites of various animals. This calls to mind the elaborate funeral and burial the ancient Egyptians gave to their sacred Apis bulls, as well as their special cemeteries containing literally hundreds of thousands of mummified cats, baboons, crocodiles and jackals.
    Such practices are totally foreign to Bible teachings.”
    “Animals in Israel were not buried in cemeteries at death, but dragged outside the city and thrown away.”

“Yes, animals are wonderful—in their place. But they can never really substitute for humans. To avoid becoming off balance in our viewpoint or emotional attitude we should appreciate that it was the world of mankind that God so loved that he gave his only-begotten Son. True, the majority of humans today are not reflecting God’s qualities and acting in His ‘image and likeness.’ They thereby cause much sadness, frustration, irritation and heartache. But not all are that way. We can find persons who will provide splendid companionship, persons who are admirable and lovable, who prove worthy of God’s love. If we are willing to make the effort to find such, we need never be lonely or commit the error of turning to animals to receive what only humans can give.”

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

It just shows how detached the cult is about nature. They don't have a clue how animals feel. Having dogs and cats most of my life taught me how intelligent they really are. There was a study on animals serveral years ago and the reseachers found animals are more intelligent than any one ever thought. Cult thinking 101 take away everything that will give you enjoyment. Sad fact is many religions feel that animals are ours to do whatever we want to do with them. They don't understand animals are just as important to nature as humams are. Instead of being adversarial towards nature we should learn to be more part of it. What can I say, the wt. Is a sick, sick cult. Still Totally ADD

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

To avoid becoming off balance in our viewpoint or emotional attitude we should appreciate that it was the world of mankind that God so loved that he gave his only-begotten Son.

So that excuses Jehovah God`s involvement in the death of millions if not billions of humans either directly or indirectly male ,female ,young ,and old according to his own written word in the Hebrew scriptures of the Bible.

Not to mention of course the millions of blood sacrifices of animals and bird life that he /she desired

I think there have only been about 10 deaths that have been attributed to Satan the Devil in the bible if I remember it right.

Nobody loves you like a pet does and they are loyal to the end..

Welcome to the board NRK

• zeb
    zeb

.... and I take it there are NO animals at the wt HQ?..

• Room 215
    Room 215

Only the pigs that run the place!

• waton
    waton

well, is there not the one parable in the bible about the one pet sheep that was so dear to a man, a parable told to David, about Bathsheba?

David the pet wt warrior, whom they trot out, to justify their transgressions?

• newsheep
    newsheep
    Zeb, at the Canadian branch they went out and got a few shepherds from pups to be guard dogs. No one was allowed to touch them or talk to them but that failed. Everyone was loving them up and feeding them their left over lunches. There were a couple of dogs over at the bethel farm as well and when that farm got sold the brother that had it was allowed to bring the dog over to the bethel in Georgetown where it lived out its life with its master in one of the houses they lived in. Yes the dog was allowed to live in the house with the elderly brother until the dog passed away. And let me tell you, brother Kurt sure did love that dog!
  • Biahi
    Biahi

Why does JW.borg always have to bring up animals “licking their sexual and anal areas” ? Can’t they just say it in a more neutral way?

• hoser
    hoser

Dog food and veterinarian bills cost money. Money we could use to live a lifestyle you don’t deserve.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001
    When I was a child, I grew up in a home where mom was a JW, and my dad was not, and never was. But what the OP brought up about 2019 Convention where they were telling children not to form an attachment to their pets, sounded just like the crap my dad would drill into my head. He would drive this point home just before and after killing one of my beloved pets. That man has no respect for life - human or animal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit