Deaf Aotearoa flooded with complaints about Jehovah's Witness church

by OrphanCrow 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ixonegal
    Ixonegal

I'm late to the party. First of all, I'm a deaf person. I've been on both sides of this issue. JWs found me through their 'canvassing' and when I was a JW, I saw they had a list of deaf people in whatever territory.

Yes, I am aware it is similar in other languages but let me tell you this. The deaf community is not very big and pretty much everyone knows each other. Interpreters knows our private lives due to interpreting for us.

When I found out the JWs had a list of all deaf people, I asked how did they obtain the name, address, etc? They said it was through canvassing but I soon found out that some brothers and sisters obtained the information in an unethical way and broke confidentiality rules.

I take offense in how they obtained the information! I work right inside the deaf community and I'd be crucified if I ever witnessed to my clients! I refused to witness to them because I felt it was wrong for me as I was someone that they trusted to keep their information private. When I took the job at work, I was bound to ethical and confidentiality rules.

• Vintage
    Vintage

Ixonegal, your last post on this thread is from a year ago. If you don't respond to this post of mine, I'll soon send you a private message.

I woke up 4 years ago from Watchtower. I read Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz and saw that the Governing Body isn't real. They are frauds and impostors with no spiritual qualifications. I was an interpreter for Watchtower for about 8 years. I want to make a video to help deaf wake up from Watchtower, but I also want them to keep their faith in Jehovah and Jesus. Would you be available to help me with this project? I think I would like to interpreta video of Ray Franz himself. It will be a very short video. I have created a youtube channel for this purpose.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I can remember when we (as dubs) used to take the address of any foreign speaking person , or deaf person that we met in our ministry. That would be passed to a central person who would arrange for someone to call who spoke their language. I doubt they do that now , in uk anyway due to Data Protection laws .

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

This is a really interesting and informative thread, really worth resurrecting, absolute incontrovertible evidence of WT lying.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

in uk anyway due to Data Protection laws .

Yeah. If it is illegal in UK, JW cannot do that anymore. In the US it is legal. I can’t see why it should not be legal to collect information. It is being done all of the time by different entities so why target JW unless it is a pretext to get back at them.

• Vintage
    Vintage

I haven't heard back from Ixonegal. So, if there are other deaf interpreters, or deaf persons, reading this who might be interested in collaborating with me on making an eye-opening video for deaf JW's, please let me know.

• Lee Marsh
    Lee Marsh

They definitely have a list in Canada. Montreal had two deaf groups French and English. I believe one is now a congregation.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

a friend of old friends told me the couple went to I believe somewhere in South American for sign language for the deaf. I knew they had gone to Florida for sign language, but evidently moved on. Here is what I really want to say about it. She told me they went into the other country as students in order to get the visa. The organization has no issues with false documentation to further their interests.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Ixonegal I refused to witness to them because I felt it was wrong for me as I was someone that they trusted to keep their information private. When I took the job at work, I was bound to ethical and confidentiality rules.

Vintage I'm not sure if Ixonegal is still on the site if it's been a year since she posted. Whoever she is, she's a rare and conscientious witness not to break "worldly" confidentiality for the organisation. Without wanting to cause offense here, I have to say I've found these principals tend to be found among converts, rather than those raised in.

They use the scripture about following God's rules, rather than men's, to excuse breaking their ethics.

But of course God doesn't ask you to break professional (& personal) codes of conduct. Watchtower does. They have no respect for anyone.You are more likely to loose trust than gain it among clients, patients, colleagues and friends if they believe you cannot be trusted not to break a confidence. I've heard of numerous nurses informing elders of information they came about during the course of their duties. Information they have promised not to reveal outside of the healthcare setting without prior consent.

Orphan Crow Has done AMAZING work in this area of watchtower targeting vulnerable groups. Particularly first Nations and indigenous people & those small languages groups that watchtower obtains grants to preach to, because they are publishing in minority languages. Also on watchtower, blood & their military contacts. I highly recommend folks check out her posts on these subjects.

Vintage I highly commend your idea. I only wish I could help. I used to use makaton with my special needs kiddies many years ago but I'm very rusty!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Fisherman Yeah. If it is illegal in UK, JW cannot do that anymore. In the US it is legal. I can’t see why it should not be legal to collect information. It is being done all of the time by different entities so why target JW unless it is a pretext to get back at them.

You are right Fisher One. Tec companies do it all the time making a small fortune out of our personal information and shopping habits. I suppose the difference is consent. Though few of us churn through the small print to find out how they're using it - witnesses collate info without informing us at all. Not even in the small print!! There is no reciprocal benefit as there is with the Tec companies since we use their product. If you're referring to governments etc, the same could be said for them....there is a degree of reciprocity. Watchtower only ever does anything with itself in mind!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit