Deaf Aotearoa flooded with complaints about Jehovah's Witness church

by OrphanCrow 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vintage
    Vintage

Diogenesister, thank you for your interest in my project. I had to Google "makaton". I'd done sign language in South America in Spanish, so this is one reason that I'm searching for a collaborator, whether deaf or another interpreter,... but someone who can, well, ...fix my mistakes. And I'm not only rusty in remembering the signs, but my poor hands now seem to move in slow motion.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

VINTAGE:

It looks to me that IXONEGAL’s last post was actually seven years ago and not one. I guess if you look quickly that 7 seems like a 1.

In any case, seven years and not posting on the forum usually means the person isn’t coming back and probably won’t see your post. But, I do wish you success in your project!

• Vintage
    Vintage

Opps! Oh, I see what you mean. I should have enlarged the page a little more. Actually, because I thought it said "1 year" is the reason I posted here. Otherwise, I was on the verge of starting my own thread. All of the threads on the deaf that I found here were quite ancient. Out on the internet as I've searched around, I found some videos made by "awake" deaf, but without captions. When I slow the speed down, I can understand maybe 15 to 20% of the signs, plus the facial expression and body language helps me string it together. In South America, I mostly had interpreted the JW "talks", so my sending skill far surpassed my receptive skill.

I'll keep looking through the threads for a workmate. If I don't find one, I can still make a video... just giving it my best effort. It should at least open up dialog beneath the video.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit