Deaf Aotearoa flooded with complaints about Jehovah's Witness church

by OrphanCrow 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    LevelThePlayingField, thanks, I look forward to getting it.

This is priceless. Their own website http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/202011167#h=1:0-4:278 states that a form should be filled out, "regardless of whether he demonstrates interest," after which it is held by the congregation or sent to Bethel to forward to the appropriate congregation.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    jwfacts: I'm prepared to contact Deaf Aotearoa and the newspaper and explain what the official process is.

Cool. :)

• cultBgone
    cultBgone
    Saying that the deaf are not targeted? More bold-faced LIES. How do these guys sleep at night?
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Office of the Privacy Commisioner in New Zealand:

https://www.privacy.org.nz/the-privacy-act-and-codes/privacy-act-and-codes-introduction/

The Privacy Act controls how 'agencies' collect, use, disclose, store and give access to 'personal information'.
    The privacy Codes of Practice do the same, but they apply to specific areas - particularly health, telecommunications and credit reporting.
    Personal information is information about identifiable, living people.
    Almost every person or organisation that holds personal information is an 'agency'. So, for example, the Privacy Act covers government departments, companies of all sizes, religious groups, schools and clubs.
    ...individuals who collect or hold personal information for their own personal, family or household affairs are exempt -- although this ceases to apply once the personal information concerned is collected, disclosed, or used, if that collection, disclosure, or use would be highly offensive to an ordinary reasonable person.
    ...An interference with privacy can occur when:
    (a) an agency wrongfully refuses to give an individual access to information about them, or wrongfully refuses to correct information about them, or
    (b) an individual suffers some form of harm as a result of a breach of a privacy principle, rule, or a code of practice or information matching provision.

• Splash
    Splash

If the latest Watchtower or Awake are suitable, there are local campaigns to visit old peoples homes too.

I wonder if the WT will ever catch on that this information is valuable, and start to sell mailing lists.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Splash: I wonder if the WT will ever catch on that this information is valuable...

I wonder if the WTS will ever catch on that some of their methods of collecting, storing and sharing of personal information are violations of privacy laws.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

cultBgone - "How do these guys sleep at night?"

They fall asleep worrying about whether or not they'll survive Armageddon...

x

...which, when you think about it, would make fibbing to the public seem like small potatoes to them.

• ellaella
    ellaella

I am in the states. I am a sign language interpreter that was trained in the religion at early age and signing on all assemblies and meetings w/tons of bible studies.

YES ,we had a list of where to go for deaf people and I know the Interpreters working in the schools, when able to underhandedly get where the kids lived, wow!!! all of a sudden interpreters of theirs, from school would show up at their doors. It would be very very hard to shake your own school interpreter from visiting you since you knew you would be seeing them in a day or two in the front of your classroom. That is one of the many ways people would somehow pop up at a persons door and somehow started signing, probably they say just coincidence that the angels led them. Even finding out that kids had deaf parents some how round a bout their address would come be found out and people some how knowing how to sign would show their faces at these doors!!! Innocent???? Yea right!!!!!

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    ellaella: YES ,we had a list of where to go for deaf people and I know the Interpreters working in the schools, when able to underhandedly get where the kids lived, wow!!! all of a sudden interpreters of theirs, from school would show up at their doors. It would be very very hard to shake your own school interpreter from visiting you since you knew you would be seeing them in a day or two in the front of your classroom.

That is why privacy laws have been enacted and the misuse of personal information is a prosecutable offense in most countries.

The JWs are notorious for breaching confidential information laws when it suits their purposes yet will claim the same umbrella of protection for themselves. This is an abuse of power and an infringement on personal rights to privacy.

• Londo111
    Londo111
    Did anyone follow up with this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit