Deaf Aotearoa flooded with complaints about Jehovah's Witness church

by OrphanCrow 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Exactly londo, the individual publishers make records of anyone who they deem needs to be called back on including the deaf, and householders who speak a language other than their own. They pass these slips on and the elders arrange for someone to follow up.

I remember calling on a person whose mother sent a letter to the cong requesting someone call even though the person wasn't the slightest bit interested.

They may not have an official database technically speaking, but they certainly have records and info on individuals.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

What Londo said!! OMG! I've seen some Eldubs service books and they are INSANE!!! These guys are like CIA agents! Dates, times, names, married, single, children, pets, ect!

I have realized that with my INTP personality and JW training, I'm the ultimate creeper!! I hate myself for it. I walk up to house and become Jason F****ING Bourne!!! Are their wind-chimes, flags, pet rescue stickers? What's on the porch, or in the yard? Bicycles, toys? Are the bicycles of varying sizes that indicate several children?

Dont even get me started on the interior of the house! I start getting paranoid when talking to people, because I wonder, "Do they know I'm cataloging everything in their home? Oh shit, I glanced at their pictures on the wall! Did they notice me counting how many kids they have? Oh? Someone's a war veteran? Then this...and this...and that!!

ON AND ON IT GOES!! It NEVER stops!!! My brain will not turn off! I'm totally F'd, in part, because of the cult stalking. Thankfully hard alcohol helps silence the nearly incessant internal monologue!

DD

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Rod Spinks

Orphan! You spelllededed that all wrorngly.......It's Rod Sphinckte mucscler. Please get yoor spellink under control.

Nice to see you. Hope you are well.

Juliette.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    tim310rd: While I don't think that there is an issue with JWs having a database of those who are deaf (all of our names and addresses appear on some Compagnie's database), ...

Tim, I don't think that the JWs are sensitive enough to understand that keeping personal information on other people is a violation of privacy. Keeping notes on a person's physical condition is intrusive. I think there is an issue with JWs keeping information on deaf people. If they want to keep that information on their members...go ahead. But it is extremely insenstive and ignorant to keep notes on whether people in your territiory are deaf, blind, disabled, etc.

Londo: If the general public, not just any particular specialize territory like this one, knew the data collected by JWs going door-to-door, there would be an outcry: names, personal details, notes of discussion. Even if a person does not answer, data is collected on the ‘note at home’ slip.

I have always thought that keeping notes and documenting details about householders is creepy. I have never liked it, both when I was a door knocker myself and since. Every time that the JWs have come to my door, I have been creeped out because I know that they will be making notes about who I am and my behavior and then sharing that information with other JWs.

It is a creepy practice.

Umber: Rod Spinks
    Orphan! You spelllededed that all wrorngly.......It's Rod Sphinckte mucscler. Please get yoor spellink under control.

Oops! You caught my spelling mistake! Damn...I must edit better. :)

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Maybe the WTS is quietly working for the NSA...

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    We need to help out here. I'm prepared to contact Deaf Aotearoa and the newspaper and explain what the official process is. Do they still use the Foreign Language forms and do these get sent to Bethel or are they just held locally at the Kingdom Halls? If anyone has a copy I could forward that would be great.
  • cultBgone
    cultBgone

jwfacts, as of 2-3 years ago they still used the forms for referrals (usually given to elderettes for follow-up). I don't think they typically send them to bethel, though, typically they get passed around through networking. Although there are probably some rule followers that do forward them to the mothership for processing. The sign language eldubs stay in touch with the English and Spanish cong servants and often get referrals through the grapevine too.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

@jwfacts

I know for a fact deaf are targeted, and there must be forms, letters and other things to back this up. Please contact them and I will help anyway I can

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Spinks said thousands of church members has taken the time to learn sign language and it was common for people to have basic signing skills.
    He said groups who went out visiting did not intentionally knock on the doors of deaf people.

Another bold faced lie (like the sort that occurred during the Royal Commission!)

WE KNOW that there is "deaf congregations" that focus primarily on witnessing to every deaf person in their 'territory'.

He should have been truthful and admitted that deaf and signing witnesses go out SPECIFICALLY to those n the deaf community! WHY try and hide that? WHY not just be truthful!!??

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    jwfacts - I can pdf you one. It's a 'foreign language follow-up slip s-70a form'. I'll pm you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit