What Do You Think About The Police?

by minimus 46 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

A dislike. Excellent - I love it.

A sheeple has made a stand for what they have been indoctrinated to believe is law and order.

This made my day.

• waton
    waton
    didn't even have access then to the full video Laliberte'

That is why the police sometimes is seen in a bad light, rarely is seen the prelude, or possible threat,that let to the takedown of seeming innocents.

We dont have enough police. there should be sufficient to prevent crime. , not just enough to be part of the industry that flourishes around processing it.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    I have no trust of them at all.

Sure you don't. Until of you course, some thugs are knocking your door down to rob you. Then your opinion will quickly change.

• tiki
    tiki

Like anything...some are good caring and fair minded...others are arrogant and despicable. You never know what you're dealing with.

• Jazzbo
    Jazzbo

A difficult and very dangerous job with nothing approaching the level of appreciation they should get. Not every one is perfect but who is. The percentage of bad ones is vanishingly small and the ridiculous level of criticism they get is mostly from people that don't want the Law enforced. They get my support every time.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

and by the way, people who might be afraid of getting hurt by the police are generally people who are combative, talk back, refuse to back down, or are against all forms of authority.

Pretty much all of the videos I have seen where where unarmed civilians are shot by the police are almost all instances where someone is resisting arrest, fighting, running from the police, reaching for shit in their pockets after being told to put your hands in the air, etc.

If you are actually law abiding, intelligent, courteous, and can follow simple commands the chances of you getting shot or hurt by the police are pretty much zero.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The cybernetic ones are my favorites.

• just fine
    just fine

As I have mentioned before I have sat on a civilian review board for police actions.

I have a lot of respect for what they have to deal with - getting called out in the middle of the night to go scrape dead bodies off the road and notify relatives of the death, dealing with people at their absolute worst moments. To see the anguish of the officers when children were hurt or killed is heartbreaking. I have seen officers who do death notifications sit with parents until other relatives arrive, I have seen them search for dogs that escaped from vehicles in a crash so that the parents of the deceased could have the comfort of that animal.

There are bad ones and they are removed from the force, but the good ones outweigh the bad ones. I wouldn’t want to do that job.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Personally, today, I trust most to do their job. We've become a society of cell phone footage with most people having a camera available. In the past, I couldn't stand them due to one specific power tripping experience I had with a state trooper.

I don't quite remember why I was in a hurry but I just was. And when I mean a hurry I mean doing 61 in a 55. You might be thinking that no self-respecting cop would pull me over for being 6 miles over the limit, right? You'd think the judge would laugh the cop right out of the courtroom if the case made it that far, right? Well, not exactly.

As I was driving on the highway I come up to a few cars traveling rather slow so I'm thinking "okay there must be a cop somewhere up ahead." Sure enough, as soon as one of the cars in my lane moves over I spot the state trooper hogging the fast lane. The way he was just sitting there in the fast lane blocking and practically daring people to move him made my blood boil because of his speed and audacity to think he could intimidate other drivers (I calculated he must have been traveling around 57-58). I was well versed in how courts handled speeding violations and I knew he would have to be stupid to try and pull me over should I pass him on the slow lane.

So I got right next to him and floored it up to 61 and slowly passed him on the slow lane. Sure enough, the egotistical power hungry trooper cocked his head right without moving any other part of his body as his eyes got wide and shot me a look that said "Just what in the hell do you think you're doing mister? I'm the law here and I will be respected!" At which point I also stared right back at him thinking to myself "you going to pull me over for being 6 miles over, go right ahead and see how far it gets in court you moron!"

But sure as the sky is blue, he gets behind me and flips the lights and sirens. To say I was shocked would be an understatement. I thought this trooper had to be a total moron for trying to ticket me for being 6 miles over. So as I see and hear the cop car blaring behind me it took a bit to realize this trooper was serious. I was being puller over for being 6 miles over! I thought it was just unbelievable and a complete waste of my time. So I yank my car and pull right over in a hurry looking to see if he was really going to be stupid enough to write me a ticket for speeding.

So he gets to my window and asks for the usual DL and registration. After I hand them to him, he looks right at me and asks "did you not see me?" To which I replied "Yes, but I'm in a hurry. I meant no disrespect." But in my mind I was thinking "what a pompous prick to think we have to bow down to him like he's some freaking god." So then he lays it on me. He says "If you start passing me, then everyone else will start doing it." To which I gave him my same reply that I meant no disrespect but that I was in a hurry. So he starts looking at my inspection sticker (this state required vehicles be inspected prior to issuing yearly plate tag).

Long story short. He ticketed me for an expired inspection sticker and expired tags. But no speeding ticket.

Both tickets were dismissed when I had my vehicle inspected and renewed the tags. Went to court and the DA just waved me through and wished me a good day as did the judge.

This trooper would be stupid to try and pull that same crap today with all the cameras and cops being put under a microscope, body cameras, etc. But it just goes to show the arrogance of some cops even today.

I don't break the law like I used to so I haven't had any police encounters in many years. But I do see how many cops (not all) still feel people need to bow down and kiss their feet. Sound familiar? LOL.

• VIII
    VIII

Regarding Tenacious story above ^^: with all the license plate readers out on LEO vehicles, they know instantly if you have any outstanding warrants, etc. You were in violation of the law and he gave you a ticket for it. Your plates were expired. Good for him. That is one of their jobs.

I routinely drive on a highway where the speed limit is 70 MPH. There are always LEO, Sheriffs, and locals, who routinely drive 85. So, I get right behind them and follow. The traffic parts like the Red Sea for them. They are off duty and/or going home. They have not pulled me over in years for this. If a State Highway Patrol did it I would cruise at 70-The State Highway Patrol has jurisdiction over that road.

I've had very few encounters with LEO and am happy they are out there protecting us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit