I went down in the first Round!

by John Aquila 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

Well if the Watchtower membership went down to 1 million, 7 out of 8 people around that table would be among those who left. So perhaps they were subconsciously clapping at the prospect of being free.

• cantleave
    cantleave
    Sounds like a cult to me.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Sion - "If they grow: "we're blessed !" If they shrink: "we're special !" The bible provides the fodder of any prophesy to fit any occasion. It makes no sense... and that's why there is no reasoning with them."

In most cases, you're right.

The logical impossibility of both being right was, however, one of the things that helped me wake up, so pointing out said logical impossibility is not a completely fruitless endeavor.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

SaintBertholdt - "...perhaps they were subconsciously clapping at the prospect of being free."

I'm sure of it.

Know why?

'Cause I would have been one of 'em.

x

Of course, when I realized that the WTS fully intended to survive Armageddon intact and rule a global post-Apocalyptic utopia indefinitely, my enthusiasm waned somewhat.

• Simon
    Simon

It's quite amazing really - they actually promote the idea that their growth is a blessing from Jehovah and proof of them being right at the same time as the idea that they are a small, select, chosen group going through the narrow gate etc...

And most people sit there and just nod.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    It just goes to show if one is going to ask a question in a group of JW's he are she needs to know the answer before hand and have a strategy in place on how to lead the conversation until you can run them into your point. It's hard, they have had over 100 years of getting their excuses in order.
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I've been trying to think of a suitable response to his statement. If I encounter something like that, maybe I'd try saying, "Cheer up, brother! Look on the bright side, the number of anointed partakers is reported as increasing over the past several years to a number not seen in decades!"

• Listener
    Listener

A possible comeback would be to ask whether or not that scripture is a prophecy or not, to be fulfilled in our time. If the answer is no then he is simply speculating and we can say anything could happen when we speculate.

They seem to forget that these stories all led to the one outcome, their demise and the bible goes on to tell us it was completely replaced by something far greater, by Jesus himself. Did God set up this new kingdom arrangement only to see it partially fail like the old arrangement?

• Splash
    Splash
    What happened to the small one becoming a mighty nation. Does it have to shrink into a small one again afterwards?
  • StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    good timing would have been to respond: "Yes, like that spartan's 300 hundred!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit