I went down in the first Round!

by John Aquila 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    stdh.txt
  • respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

Oops!! My post above was supposed to be on this thread.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/486390001/removed-from-jw-org-warwick-photo-gallery-3-january-through-april-2015

Not sure what happened there....maybe one of the mods can fix?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

You misread that situation totally john. He was already throwing jabs and setting up his strong right cross. Talking abojt how so many are leaving... Leading someone into his trap... When you spoke up he was drooling, waiting, for you (or someone) to step into that so he could slip that punch and throw his right cross. Rookie mistake. When you want to make them think you dont do it on their terms. That never works. You could have said:

yes many are leaving! Maybe they heard bro whatshiaface testimony before the RAC when he said that the gb dont speak for god!"

thats taking it to them in a way they don't expect. You will do better next time ;)

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    a martyr for the cause
  • oppostate
    oppostate

The dark side of the force powerful with that one is.

But overcome you will young Jedi John!

• Clambake
    Clambake

Those verses in kings were a reference to Romans chapter 10 where it states god isn't done with the jews. I really hate when jw theology replaces themselves with the Jewish people. It is quite anti semantic rubbish.

I found the best way to debate a jw is to really understand the difference between the word Israel in the new testament and what is the church.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    Morpheus Rookie mistake

I won't let that happen again M. I am training hard for the next round.
    Image result for rocky training chicken pics
  • Tenacious
    Tenacious

The monkeys circling him and catching his drool may have been clapping and cheering.

Yet, I wonder how they will feel when Jehovah starts to reveal and strip away what the WTS truly is. I'm sure they won't be clapping or cheering or screaming.

Instead they will foolishly look in the mirror and ask themselves:

How?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    So if there is a massive increase in numbers, it is Jehovah's blessing.?If there is a massive Decrease in numbers, it is Jehovah is doing.?
    That is doublespeak
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

John, you did lose that round. And the reason is that you fell into the trap of numbers of believers or lack thereof somehow being proof of the rightness or wrongness of beliefs.

At one point, everyone on Earth likely believed the planet was flat. They were all wrong.

It was a good response on his part.

A parry and thrust might have been, "You know, all of the heroes of the Bible--from the prophets up until Jesus--were noted for courageously speaking out about the religious hypocrisy of a nation dedicated to God but that had fallen away from true, pure worship. Where are these heroes today?"

If he tried to say, "We speak out against Christendom ..." the BIBLICAL response would be, "No, you don't get it. The heroes of the Bible didn't speak out against false beliefs and practices of OTHER nations. They spoke out against the religious hypocrisy and cowardice of their own leaders!"

Just remember, they killed Jesus for his outspokenness. Your mileage may vary.

Let's review: It's a cult!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit